Method Community

Payment Receipt synch error

Last post 06-11-2012 12:45 PM by Anonymous. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2012 2:17 PM

Payment Receipt synch error

One of my users created a Payment Receipt in Method against an invoice. She noticed that after she selected an invoice to apply a payment to, the invoice wasn't marked as paid. 

My guess was that Method doesn't actually mark the invoices as paid, but rather sends its payment receipts to QB so it can handle the accounting. After waiting a while to see if Method would synch, I noticed that the date on the Payment Receipt was off by a year, so I had the user change the date within Method and resave. Some time later, as it still hadn't synched with QB, I checked the conflict list and saw this conflict:

QuickBooks returned an error when adding/modifying a accReceivePayment record. The error was: The transaction object "8A405-1338401630" may only be provided once in this request.. The Request was: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?> <?qbxml version="8.0" ?> <QBXML><QBXMLMsgsRq onError="stopOnError"><ReceivePaymentModRq requestID="qx_1"><ReceivePaymentMod><TxnID>3E093-1295978181</TxnID><EditSequence>1295978181</EditSequence><CustomerRef><ListID>80001703-1337619590</ListID></CustomerRef><ARAccountRef><ListID>3D0000-1146690053</ListID></ARAccountRef><TxnDate>2012-05-18</TxnDate><RefNumber>100065INV1</RefNumber><TotalAmount>244.66</TotalAmount><PaymentMethodRef><ListID>60000-1146687531</ListID></PaymentMethodRef><DepositToAccountRef><ListID>5B0000-1149180842</ListID></DepositToAccountRef><AppliedToTxnMod><TxnID>3E08E-1295978162</TxnID><PaymentAmount>184.30</PaymentAmount></AppliedToTxnMod><AppliedToTxnMod><TxnID>8A405-1338401630</TxnID><PaymentAmount>244.66</PaymentAmount></AppliedToTxnMod><AppliedToTxnMod><TxnID>8A405-1338401630</TxnID><PaymentAmount>244.66</PaymentAmount></AppliedToTxnMod><AppliedToTxnMod><TxnID>8A405-1338401630</TxnID><PaymentAmount>244.66</PaymentAmount></AppliedToTxnMod><AppliedToTxnMod><TxnID>8A405-1338401630</TxnID><PaymentAmount>244.66</PaymentAmount></AppliedToTxnMod></ReceivePaymentMod></ReceivePaymentModRq></QBXMLMsgsRq></QBXML>

I tried resending to QB, but I keep getting this error. How can I get this sucker to show up in QB so the Invoice will show a balance due of $0 in Method? (Right now there is no evidence that a Payment Receipt was entered in Method, unless you pull up the saved Receipt itself)

• 06-01-2012 3:05 PM In reply to

Re: Payment Receipt synch error

Answer

smohyee:
    How can I get this sucker to show up in QB so the Invoice will show a balance due of $0 in Method?

Are these stock screens or custom?  I just tried to receive payment for several invoices of varying amounts and the payment was correctly applied and recorded in each instance.  Do you have wait for sync approval checked maybe?

smohyee:
    My guess was that Method doesn't actually mark the invoices as paid

This isn't the case, I received my payments as cash for these invoice but in each case the payment was applied correctly.  What are you settings for the receive payment screen?  I'l try to recreate the scenario on my end but from what I can see, these screens are working as intended.

~C

• 06-01-2012 6:30 PM In reply to

Chad,

Every screen I use is custom, even if only in the sense that I copied and renamed it just so I could view the action sets and objects in the customization screen. My invoice screen is heavily customized, but my "Receive Payment" screen is identical to the default, just copied and renamed. 

That being said, I can Receive Payments against invoices as a general rule. It was only this particular payment that created a synch conflict, which I copy/pasted for you above. What I'm trying to understand is why the payment receipt was not copied over to Quickbooks, and what the significance of the synch error message is. 

I'm guessing that if I delete this payment and recreate an identical one, it will successfully synch with Quickbooks. I can try that if the synch error is meaningless to you, but if that works then it would be reason for concern - I want my users to be confident that what they did in Method works, and works every time!

• 06-05-2012 2:18 PM In reply to

smohyee:
    It was only this particular payment that created a synch conflict, which I copy/pasted for you above.

Because this was an isolated incident on your invoice I'm thinking something went wrong with the data entry.  A little digging on your conflict and I got this information: 

This error occurs when an individual vendor has two or more Bills with the same transaction date and no reference number was entered on the Bills or the same reference number was entered on the Bills.

Does this sound like what happened with yours?

~C

• 06-07-2012 2:36 PM In reply to

No. There is a unique reference number on the payment receipt. Also, it is the only payment receipt in both Quickbooks and Method for the customer.

By the way, you're using the term "Bills", but I'm not talking about Bills from vendors; I'm talking about Payments from customers. 

• 06-07-2012 2:48 PM In reply to

Argh, I'm getting another conflict, this time for an item receipt: 

QuickBooks returned an error when adding/modifying a accItemReceipt record. The error was: The "LinkToTxn" field has an invalid value "TxnID=8AADC-1338574687, TxnLineID=8AAE2-1338574687". . 

I've gotten the same error for two different item receipts in a row. I tried deleting the item receipt and recreating it, but I still get the conflict. The PO was made in Quickbooks, not Method, but that shouldn't matter right? There is no bill entered yet, and the item receipt was given a unique reference number. I'm sticking this in this post because I feel like these errors are unique to me, so i don't want to flood the forum with threads about each conflict. 

Any info you can provide about this error? I feel so helpless right now Angry

Edit: BTW Chad, I'm trying to get these item receipts to synch so I can test the other problem I posted about entering Item Receipts and Bills against the same PO. My suspicion is the problem occurs after the item receipt has synched with QB. 

• 06-11-2012 12:45 PM In reply to

smohyee:
    The PO was made in Quickbooks, not Method, but that shouldn't matter right?

That shouldn't matter.

smohyee:
    Any info you can provide about this error?

It took a little research but I think I found the source of your problems.  

If you create a PO like this:

Type    Qty  Cost
    Item 1   2     $10
    Item 2   2     $10
    Item 3   2     $10 

Then try to do an item receipt in this order:

Type    Qty  Cost
    Item 3   2     $10
    Item 1   2     $10
    Item 2   2     $10 

You should hit the "LinkToTxn" error.  
    There was a post on Intuit's forums about the order of the POs and items receipts being important.  My testing was only with one PO and one item receipt so I never hit this conflict.  When I changed my item receipt to be out of order I hit this conflict everytime.  Try it out in testing and you should find similar results.
    To fix this conflict, whatever order you issue your POs - you need to create your item receipts in the same order.  So if you did three POs - #1, #2 and #3, then your item recipet on those POs needs to be for PO #1, #2, #3 in that order - any deviation from that order on the item receipt and you'll get a conflict message.

Please post back if this helps.
    ~C

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)