Method Community

Replacing user info changes old records.. how to change back?

Last post 06-04-2012 4:41 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2012 11:09 AM

Replacing user info changes old records.. how to change back?

We had an employee who became a Method user for about a week: Now, she is no longer using Method, and I have another employee to take her place. But, rather than deleting the existing active account and creating a new one for the second employee, I just edited the user and replaced all the information with the new employee's info, including linking to the new sales rep initials. 

What I've noticed now is that some records that was once related to the first employee has now been changed so that it looks like it was the second employee who created those records. I've noticed it primarily with Activities, which makes sense since Activities are related to actual Method users, not just Sales Rep initials. 

What is the best way to handle this situation? I want to change back all the old Activities and any other records to reflect that they were made by the first employee. At the same time, I want to add the second employee as a user, but preferably without paying a subscription for both accounts, since only one of them is active.

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Change back the user account to reflect the first employee's info.

2. Create a second account for the second employee. 

3. Set the first employee's method account to no longer be active.

Will these steps ensure that the first employees work history is preserved in Method? Also, which option should I deselect to make her account inactive? Should I uncheck the "Login is Active" box or the "User can sign in" box?

Thanks!

• 06-04-2012 4:41 PM In reply to

Re: Replacing user info changes old records.. how to change back?

Answer

smohyee:
    What is the best way to handle this situation?

The three steps you outlined are perfect.  In the scenario you describe it's best to keep the previous employee as inactive and unable to login.

smohyee:
    Will these steps ensure that the first employees work history is preserved in Method?

Provided you not modify their transactions then you should be fine.

smohyee:
    Also, which option should I deselect to make her account inactive?

Best option here is to set the user as inactive and uncheck the user can sign-in box.  You definitely don't want to be paying a licence for this user but you might want to preserve their Method account just in case.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)