Method Community

Error When Updating Opportunities

Last post 06-14-2012 3:02 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2012 12:28 PM

Error When Updating Opportunities

When we win an opportunity and update this to convert the lead to a customer, we receive the following error:

Field is lead status only, cannot be updated in table. Action Sequence Order: 138

• 06-14-2012 2:02 PM In reply to

Re: Error When Updating Opportunities

pdirect:
    When we win an opportunity and update this to convert the lead to a customer, we receive the following error:

I just put through a test on my own account and I could not trigger this error.  Are you working off a custom screen?  Can you reproduce this error with our stock screens?  If so please detail the steps so I can follow along and see what the problem might be.

~C

• 06-14-2012 2:16 PM In reply to

It's not a custom screen ... but I already detailed how to reproduce so I'm not sure what else you might want me to add.

• 06-14-2012 2:38 PM In reply to

pdirect:
    It's not a custom screen

I convereted a lead to a customer through the opportunity screens in two ways and neither produced an error so please let me know what you did different from me.  From the Leads and Contacts List screen I clicked Go To... on a lead then clicked on the Opportunities section tab.  Here I clicked New Opportunity... filled out the required information and left my stage at 50%, click Save & Close.  Next I clicked on the Opportunities tab and clicked Go To... on my newly created opportunity.  On the Edit Opportunity screen I changed the stage to Closed Won and then clicked Save.  While saving I get a popup asking if I'd like to convert this lead to a customer so I OK it and the page saves fine.  

I tried this several times with different leads/opportunities and was not able to cause an error message.  If you can, please give a little more detail about which screens/steps/information you're using on your end and I'll recreate the scenario as best as possible.

~C

• 06-14-2012 2:49 PM In reply to

Here is what the user says in response:

I did exactly what was outlined except when I click ok it does not save fine and I get the error message.

• 06-14-2012 3:02 PM In reply to

Answer

pdirect:
    I did exactly what was outlined except when I click ok it does not save fine and I get the error message.

Please email me directly at c.ridgway@methodintegration.com - I'd like to connect and review your steps to see if I'm missing anything.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)