Method Community

Email Alerts

Last post 06-15-2012 2:00 PM by JValese. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2012 8:39 AM

Email Alerts

Hello,

I'm researching some information for a client. My client is looking to get email alerts sent to him if one of his users does not complete an activity before the due date. He wants to be alerted of anything that is past due. I've poking around the e-mail prefreences in the Admin and user profiles but can't seem to find anything. Can anyone please tell me if this is possible, and if it is lead me in the right direction? I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this quest.

Thank you,

Jennifer Valese

JValese@pasqb.com 

• 06-15-2012 9:38 AM In reply to

Re: Email Alerts

Jennifer

This can definitely to done.  It is fairly straight forward.  You just create a button that loops through your activities and then use send email.

If the client wants this to be automatic, It's a little more involved.  You'll need to build an application that uses the API.   

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 06-15-2012 9:49 AM In reply to

Thanks for the reply Mark. My client is currently using Method out of the box, so I want to confirm with you that in order to use this feature he would have to look into customization. Is that right?

• 06-15-2012 11:54 AM In reply to

In my opinion, yes,  customization is required.  Maybe the Method guys will chime in to verify.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 06-15-2012 1:34 PM In reply to

Answer

Jennifer,

I agree with Mark. Although Method CRM does offer email or SMS reminders (if the user opts in for them) that are sent out approximately 15 mins before the activity is due, if you'd like a complete list sent to a particular person this would require customization. I don't see this being very difficult to do.

My question to you is, why don't you just view all activities that are due on or before today? This is a readily available view on the Activities List grid 'Shared Active Activities on or before today'. This option does not require customization of course.

Hope this helps.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 06-15-2012 2:00 PM In reply to

Thanks gentlemen for both of your help!

In our office we do currenlty use the activity list and filter through the due on or before today. This was a request by a client so i just figured I would ask. Thanks again for all your responses!!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)