Method Community

Upload/attach documents in customer portal (new case form)

Last post 06-20-2012 8:40 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2012 9:58 PM

Upload/attach documents in customer portal (new case form)

Hello,

We are new to method and were wondering if there is any way to customize the customer portal new case form/reply form to allow clients to upload files with their messages? I know that staff users have the capability to attach documents to a case, so why not customers?

Any advice would be appreiciated. I read another thread on this forum referring to Community Webinar 24 for a similar answer, but both of the links were broken and I can not seem to find that webinar anywhere. Not sure if it would answer this question anyway..

Thanks,

Jake

• 06-20-2012 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: Upload/attach documents in customer portal (new case form)

Answer

kinetixjake:
    We are new to method and were wondering if there is any way to customize the customer portal

Welcome to Method!  You can definitely customize the new case form on the portal to allow for document upload.  If you're new to Method I would recommend watching a few webinars here to get you started.  Some good ones for you would be the Documents Tab, New Contacts Portal, Intro to Customization then Intro to Actions.  What you want to get familar with is copying screens, how documents work and how customization and actions work.  Building a portal page to accept documents from your customers would require copying the ContactsPortal_Cases screen and customizing that to add in functionality similar to the CRM_NewDocument screen.  

Once you get started it's quite easy to build these pages on your own using the ones we supply you with as a base.

kinetixjake:
    I read another thread on this forum referring to Community Webinar 24

Here's a link to Community Webinar 24 - please note that this is a windows only video and requires the GoTo Meeting codec.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)