Method Community

email html

Last post 06-28-2012 12:52 PM by thesolarguys. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2012 11:23 AM

email html

I send an appointment confromation to every customer I schedule and would like to insert html code in the body of the email. I get an error to conact method support when I put html code in the body section of the email function. I did find a limited work around by using the assign value to action result but it still won't let me put in anything other than font coding. Any suggestions?

• 06-22-2012 12:47 PM In reply to

Re: email html

How and where are you adding the html?  If you are using an input field that uses the wysiwyg editor you need to click the html link on the upper right and insert your raw html there.

HTH 

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 06-22-2012 1:09 PM In reply to

Answer

thesolarguys:
    Any suggestions?

Yes!  Best practice is to not hardcode the email and use an email template located at Home > Email Templates.  You can review some of our templates there just make sure you make a duplicate of the email under the more actions button before saving any changes.  You can then use our merge feature to personalize that email.

~C

• 06-22-2012 1:31 PM In reply to

I have to correct my post above, there's no need to do a merge.  Create a new email template and put your HTML into the template then call a Retrieve Value From Table to get the email template.  This way you adjust your templates without having to edit your actions.

~C

• 06-28-2012 12:52 PM In reply to

Thanks that worked great

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)