Method Community

Multiple invoice template in Method

Last post 07-02-2012 3:46 PM by Method_Paul. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2012 1:28 PM

Multiple invoice template in Method

My client would like to be able to use multiple invoice templates in Method.  I am thinking that maybe possible if I setup more that one invoice screen one for each template type they want to use.  Can you tell me if this is possible and if so am I on the right track?  I cannot tell how to tell QuickBooks which template type to save the data too.    Thank you for your help.

• 07-02-2012 3:18 PM In reply to

Re: Multiple invoice template in Method

We've already done this for a client.  All you need to do is create the second template (report),  rename the existing print preview button to indicate which template is used, and add a additional button that uses the second template.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 07-02-2012 3:46 PM In reply to

Re: Multiple invoice template in Method

Answer

I haven't tried this.....but couldn't you just put an unbound dropdown on the screen showing all the method report templates for invoices (ReportMethod table), and then in the Generate Report action set "Override with Report(optional):" to Value From Screen, the dropdown.

BUT - are you talking about Method templates, or QuickBooks templates? If you are talking about the QuickBooks templates, just drop the "Template" field on the screen.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)