Method Community

Employee Name Missing

Last post 07-05-2012 10:20 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2012 2:00 PM

Employee Name Missing

We setup an employee in QB and then setup a user in Method. But now when we try to link the Method user to the QB employee, the employee name does not show up in the list ... and it's been weeks since we added both so we know it's not just a sync delay problem. 

Also, if we try to assign this user to an invoice, the reps initials display but it says "temp" in the name... and it's listed as an "other name" instead of an employee.  Again, I've checked QB and everything is setup correctly there.

How can we troubleshoot this? 

• 07-03-2012 3:49 PM In reply to

Re: Employee Name Missing

Answer

pdirect:
    How can we troubleshoot this?

It sounds like you might need to link the employee name to the username in Method.  In your Method account, click Customize > Users then click Edit beside the user you need to fix.  Near the bottom of this popup is an option to Link to  Employee / Vendor / OtherName (SalesRep):  From the drop down menu here you should be able to select the QB employee and link it to the Method user.

~C 

• 07-03-2012 4:36 PM In reply to

Just a quick follow up for you on this one - go to the Employees tab under the QuickBooks tab group.  Is your employee listed here?  If no please email me their full name as it appears in QuickBooks - we can have a look on our end to see if it's in our system.  There could be corruption in QuickBooks on this record which is why it's saying temp.

~C

• 07-05-2012 8:27 AM In reply to

If you reread my initial post you'll see that the employee's name does NOT show up in the list when I try to link the employee to the Method User.  That IS the problem.

And yes, the name shows up in QB under the Employee list. I'll email the name to you if you provide your email address (which is just one of the many reasons why Method needs an actual support system that is private instead of only providing public forums).

• 07-05-2012 10:20 AM In reply to

pdirect:
    I'll email the name to you if you provide your email address...

Sorry for the confusion, I made my email a link in the previous post but I think it was missed.  My email is c.ridgway@methodintegration.com.  Make sure to email me the full name as it appears in QuickBooks.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)