Method Community

Recent change to "export grid" function?

Last post 07-04-2012 2:03 PM by BungalowMatt. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2012 9:09 AM

Recent change to "export grid" function?

Good morning,

Our company uses a screen with two custom grids to allow us to export invoice header & detail information for transmission to our fulfillment center.

Until around last friday, these exports would always have "column A" on the resultant excel sheet as a blank column. Exports now do not have a blank column for "A". 

My question is, was there an update to Method that changed the way grids would export in this respect?  There are a limited number of individuals here with access to make customization changes, and I know this screen has been considered completed for many months, so I thought it was worth asking if the change happened on the Method end.

Please let me know, as I need to have my fulfillment center change the coding for receiving the files if this change is permanent.

Thank you!

-BungalowMatt

• 07-04-2012 11:44 AM In reply to

Re: Recent change to "export grid" function?

BungalowMatt:
    Please let me know, as I need to have my fulfillment center change the coding for receiving the files if this change is permanent.

I will review the export excel function with the team and see if any changes were made.  Please email me directly and I'll follow up as soon as I hear back.

~C

• 07-04-2012 1:51 PM In reply to

Answer

BungalowMatt:
    ...if this change is permanent.

This change is permanent - if the column is blank it shouldn't be included in the export.  The latest update to Method included speed improvements here and as a result, empty data like the column you mentioned shouldn't be included in the export.

~C

• 07-04-2012 2:03 PM In reply to

Chad,

Thanks so much.  Sorry I didnt have a chance to email you directly.

I will ask my fulfillment center to change their coding & spread the word internally.

I really appreciate the help!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)