Method Community

How do I populate my "Contacts" list under the "Campaigns" tab?

Last post 07-03-2013 9:57 AM by Method_Samuel. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2012 2:15 PM

• Bryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-05-2012
    • Posts 2

How do I populate my "Contacts" list under the "Campaigns" tab?

I am trying to organize some campaigns in method and I am new at this so I'm probably just missing something obvious, but I am looking to have a list of selected "Contacts" under any given "Campaign". Is this possible? I am able to see my "Activities" list under my "Campaigns" tab but the "Contacts" list is empty.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have an easy to reference list of people who are a part of a certain project of mine, where I can see them all listed once each. The "Activities" list doesn't necessarily give me that info so I was hoping the "Contacts" list would.

• 07-06-2012 11:03 AM In reply to

Re: How do I populate my "Contacts" list under the "Campaigns" tab?

Answer

Bryan:
    ...but I am looking to have a list of selected "Contacts" under any given "Campaign". Is this possible?

From the edit customer screen under the additional info section tab you have the option here to select a campaign.  When you add a customer to a campaign they will be visible when looking at the campaign under the contacts section tab.  Try this out and let me know if that's what you're looking for.

~C

• 07-13-2012 3:23 PM In reply to

• Bryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-05-2012
    • Posts 2

Hi Chad, thanks for your help.

I actually have selected this as I have added my Leads all along, but they never showed up in the "Contacts" tab, until now. I didn't change a single thing, I just loaded it today and they showed up. I'm wondering if I hit 'refresh' or something similar that may have reprocessed things? I'm not entirely confident that the list will update in real time as I add new contacts because of this, do you have any ideas why this might be? I will keep an eye on it moving forward, hopefully I'll have a reliable and consistent way to build a Campaign Contact list to review and go back through.

• 07-02-2013 6:18 AM In reply to

I am having the same problems as this user... I can't figure out how to properly use Campaigns and have started to wonder if it's a bug in the application. I guess I'll start with a few questions:

1) Is it possible to have a single contact associated with multiple campaigns? 

2) If so, how should I add a contact to a Campaign?

3) I've created Activities that are associated with both Customers/Leads/Contacts AND a particular Campaign but have yet to see these Contacts show up under the Contact tab in the Campaign.

Here is a scenario: I am planning an event later this year. As I come across new or existing leads or contacts, I'd like to add them to a list so that, when it comes time to advertise the event, I have that list handy. I have created a Campaign with my event name and date, but I can't figure out how to assign contacts to the Campaign.

Please help!

• 07-03-2013 9:57 AM In reply to

Answer

Hey jdibona,

I have not been able to replicate the issues that you are having, but here are some clarifications that should help:

jdibona:

1) Is it possible to have a single contact associated with multiple campaigns? 

2) If so, how should I add a contact to a Campaign?

3) I've created Activities that are associated with both Customers/Leads/Contacts AND a particular Campaign but have yet to see these Contacts show up under the Contact tab in the Campaign.

Customers can only be associated with one Campaign in Method. Usually, this is to tell you what campaign the customer originated from. You may want to look at creating opportunities for customers. You can create more than one opportunity for each customer, and you can link them to separate campaigns. You can also create activities from within an opportunity to schedule calls and follow-ups. Those activities will automatically be linked to the campaign that is associated with that opportunity.

Bryan:

I'm wondering if I hit 'refresh' or something similar that may have reprocessed things? I'm not entirely confident that the list will update in real time as I add new contacts because of this, do you have any ideas why this might be?

Pay careful attention to the filter that you are using in Campaign screen. If you look under Contacts, for example, you might be filtering to show only your user's Leads & Contacts, or Customers & Contacts. In my screenshot I'm showing shared Customers and Contacts. Additionally, if you've made changes recently, try the refresh grid button.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer

Sam

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services

Sam Novak
    Customization Solutions Expert
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)