Method Community

Group Item Details not showing up on Invoice in detail

Last post 07-18-2012 7:44 PM by VLocke. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2012 10:46 AM

Group Item Details not showing up on Invoice in detail

When I go to enter a group item on an invoice it is only showing me the group item name and not all the items listed under the group item.  Is there a way to have all the items show up?

• 07-12-2012 1:02 PM In reply to

Re: Group Item Details not showing up on Invoice in detail

VLocke:
    Is there a way to have all the items show up?

I can reproduce this issue in my account and I'm going to follow up this thread with more information.

~C

• 07-12-2012 4:21 PM In reply to

Answer

VLocke:
    Is there a way to have all the items show up?

Yes, once you sync with QuickBooks you should see this invoice populate with the group items.

~C

• 07-13-2012 8:01 AM In reply to

Chad,

I am getting the same result but I need the item details to show on the Method side so we can do the group item detailed entry. 

Thanks, V

• 07-13-2012 8:08 AM In reply to

VLocke:
    I need the item details to show on the Method side

The item details will only show up once you have sync'd the invoice over to QB.  After the sync are you seeing the group item details?

~C

• 07-13-2012 8:31 AM In reply to

I am seeing the detailed list once it's in QuickBooks but that does not help me because I need to do the entry on the Method side - so the description is showing up on the QuickBooks side but the data entry that I need to do is not because I cannot see the list that I need to use for the data entry on the Method side.

• 07-13-2012 11:33 AM In reply to

Answer

VLocke:
    I need to use for the data entry on the Method side.

You'll be glad to know we just added this functionality to our stage site.  Please log out and log back in to the July version of Method to see this in action.  Please note that you'll need to click update in order to see the individual line item popuplate.

~C

• 07-13-2012 12:53 PM In reply to

This is wonderful - thank you. 

When I tested this the group items do come up after you hit the save button.  They are being inserted into the top of the item list instead of below the group item name.  Can we make in insert below the group item name?

Also, now I am getting a action sequence 4 error - error during action process - I am not sure if this is related. 

Thanks again.

• 07-13-2012 1:24 PM In reply to

VLocke:
    Also, now I am getting a action sequence 4 error - error during action process

Can you email me the company account name you're working on and make sure to enable MethodSupport under Customize > Users.

~C 

• 07-18-2012 11:13 AM In reply to

The Group Items lines are showing up just fine now.  But I am having another problem that I did not test for before.  Now the custom fields that I added for the client to use with the group items does not save when the save the invoice and the data entered does not stay in the field when you update the invoice.  This was working before we added the group item.  If I go in and add data it shows up on the screen but it will not save it or allow it to update. Suggestions?

• 07-18-2012 5:04 PM In reply to

VLocke:
    Suggestions?

Is the custom field data being dropped or is it being changed in QB?  And this change only started with the recent group item addition?  I'm going to review the custom field on my own local account for testing and I'll follow up in this thread.

~C

• 07-18-2012 7:44 PM In reply to

Method will let you make an entry into the custom field and move to the next custom field and you can make and entry.  At this point everything appears to be working, the data is in the field on the screen.  But if you go to update the field or save the invoice the data disappears and it does not move into QuickBooks.  I hope this helps clarify the problem.  Thank you for checking into this.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)