Method Community

Export Button

Last post 07-20-2012 8:14 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2012 10:06 AM

• s.white
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2010
    • Central/Upstate NY
    • Posts 22

Export Button

I've added an export button to one of my screens to be able to dump my grid to Excel.  The information exports fine, but when I'm done and click the "Close" button on the Export screen, it generates an error:

ERROR: One or more fields referenced by your actions were not found on the screen. Please make sure all actions specify a valid object on the screen and republish. If the problem continues, please contact an administrator.

I don't know a way to get at the actions that go with the Close button to know how to troubleshoot the problem.  Thoughts?

It otherwise all works fine, just an extra click to move beyond that error.

• 07-16-2012 12:57 PM In reply to

Re: Export Button

Answer

s.white:
    I don't know a way to get at the actions that go with the Close button to know how to troubleshoot the problem.  Thoughts?

I just tested the export function on both the June and July version of Method and did not run into this error.  Do you have any other actions on the button?  There might be another action on your button which is causing the problem.  As a test try making a screen with 1 grid, 1 button and 1 action to export the grid - do you get the error on this screen?

~C

• 07-19-2012 9:57 AM In reply to

• s.white
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-17-2010
    • Central/Upstate NY
    • Posts 22

Thanks Chad - I've troubleshot this a bit further, and it seems I only have the problem when working with a grid based on the Customer table.  I now have a screen with a grid containing just company name and email, and no other buttons, no advanced settings (no on screen loads etc.) and I still get the error.  If I add other grids on other screens based off of other tables, and add the Export button, I get no errors.  Is there a way to tell me what actions are fired when you click the "close" button on the Export popup window?

• 07-20-2012 8:14 AM In reply to

s.white:
    Is there a way to tell me what actions are fired when you click the "close" button on the Export popup window?

There are no action fired when you click that close button so I'm not sure what's happening on your page.  I just tested a customer grid based on the info you gave me above and it exports without any error when I click the close button.  Are you able to take a screen shot of your screen and the error message you're getting?  You can post the image to imgur.com and put a link up here in the forums.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)