Method Community

Grid autoupdate - can it be done?

Last post 08-08-2012 8:29 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-06-2012 10:05 AM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Grid autoupdate - can it be done?

I want my EstimateLine grid to update automatically after I perform calculations in various columns after data entry or editing. I want this to happen when editing an existing line item.

I planned to use the Save Grid action following by the Refresh Grid action. The Save Grid action does not save the grid to the database. When the Refresh Grid action is performed the changes to the grid are replaced by the older data in the database for the edited line item. This is true whether I refresh the grid manually or using the Refresh Grid action. The actions are being performed within one of the columns of the grid.

Any ideas as to why the Save Grid action is not saving the changes to the line item?

Thanks.

• 08-08-2012 8:29 AM In reply to

Re: Grid autoupdate - can it be done?

Answer

Hi viret56,

viret56:
    I want my EstimateLine grid to update automatically after I perform calculations in various columns after data entry or editing.

There's some background processing actvities that happens on this grid with the update and save buttons.  This is probably where you're running into an issue - have a look at this post for some more information about the hidden actions behind this.

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/t/3092.aspx

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)