Method Community

Emailing a Sales Receipt

Last post 08-17-2012 12:42 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2012 3:29 PM

Emailing a Sales Receipt

Hello -

We recently started processing charges as sales receipts through QB and would like to begin using Method to easily process the payment and email the Sales Receipt to our customer. While I can view and create Sales Receipts in Method, there are no options to process the payment (as in ReceivePayment screens).

The second half to a functioning Sales Receipt screen would be to send it through email. While there is a "To Be Emailed" check box on the QuickBooks_SalesReceipt screen, the email functionality does not exist. When I say this, I'm referring to all the actions set in place to show/hide objects and send an email. Like on the Invoice screens, there is an option on the More Actions button to Customize Templates. But in that Template screen, Sales Receipts are not available to choose an email template for.

Are these features something that Method can easily incorporate? It seems worthless to not be able to process payments and send the receipt to customers, directly within the screen. That's the whole idea for a Sales Receipt. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thank you!

• 08-17-2012 10:27 AM In reply to

Re: Emailing a Sales Receipt

Hi Autumn,

I moved this to the Method General Q & A forums. They will be able to help you further here

Dave

• 08-17-2012 12:42 PM In reply to

Re: Emailing a Sales Receipt

Answer

AutumnW:
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Hi AutumnW, there are no plans to add this feature in the immediate future but you can definitely build in something like this yourself by looking at the save & email functionality on the Invoices screen.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)