Method Community

Mapping?

Last post 08-17-2012 9:40 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-17-2012 7:08 AM

Mapping?

I stumbled upon this link:

http://www.methodintegration.com/Method/map.aspx

I was wondering, wha't s the best way to use this feature?

My ideal application would be for a sales rep to look at a map of a group of customers/leads in order to schedule clustered meetings? Does this have to be done manually by perhaps opening this link and pasting in postal codes?

Your advice is much appreciated.

• 08-17-2012 8:59 AM In reply to

Re: Mapping?

Answer

MikeB:
    I was wondering, wha't s the best way to use this feature?

The best way to use this feature is through the Map object and the Plot Address action. You can either embed a map into a Method screen or call the map in a popup window. Both work great but I prefer my map in a popup for additional screen real estate. You can plot a list of addresses then use the tools to build a route map. Many customers use this feature for our field services application to plot route maps but I'm sure some non-field services users could find this useful.

Just as a heads up - we've revised the mapping tool for our staging version of the site. If you haven't already, on the login screen for Method, click Switch to the August version to see the latest and greatest version of our mapping tool. Enjoy!

~C

• 08-17-2012 9:16 AM In reply to

So if I'm reading you correctly, it would be best to design a Mapping screen where a user could select customers/leads from a particular city/region and then press a button that initiates a map pop-up and plots the locations.

• 08-17-2012 9:40 AM In reply to

Answer

MikeB:
    it would be best to design a Mapping screen where a user could select customers/leads from a particular city/region and then press a button that initiates a map pop-up and plots the locations.

The implementation is up to you but what you described is exactly how I would build something like this. Put a grid on screen and use the loop through checked rows action to build an action result with the list of address to map, then call the plot addresses action.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)