Method Community

Deleting Screens

Last post 09-18-2012 4:47 PM by Rolf. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-15-2012 4:24 PM

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Deleting Screens

When deleting screens the Delete message almost never goes away, and the screen window stays graeyed out indefinitely. To get past this I have to either log out and back in, or use the Display.Refresh button.  Could this be addressed at some time  as I have many backup copies of screens to delete?

thanks,

Rolf

• 09-17-2012 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: Deleting Screens

Rolf:
    When deleting screens the Delete message almost never goes away

Rolf,

Could you describe your process a little more so I can detail this for the team.  I'm not sure what you mean by the delete message almost never goes away?  I can delete screens fine from Customize > Screens and the delete message pops up for a min or so while the screen is being deleted.  After that the message is gone and my screen is deleted.

~C

• 09-17-2012 11:09 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Hi Chad,

I also have screens which delete properly as you have described. However, I have multiple copiies from different dates of  a large and highly modified customer screen.  Sometimes they'll delete within a few minutes.  Usually though, the delete message popup is still on the screen after as much as 15 minutes, which is the longest I've waited.

So what I've taken to doing is just refreshing the whole session if it is taking more than a couple of minutes and that seems to work without any ill effects.

It's not any kind of major problem, I just thought I'd mention it because it seemed  rather strange.

Rolf

• 09-17-2012 11:56 AM In reply to

Rolf,

I'll try to recreate the problem so that we can get a resolution out for you.  What's the name of one of your screens and roughly how many copies have you made of it?

~C

• 09-18-2012 1:01 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Chad,

The screen I had the most issues with was the Edit Customer screen.  At one time I had 10 or so different copies, but now I'm at 4 so it's not that big a deal anymore.

thanks,

Rolf

• 09-18-2012 3:17 PM In reply to

Rolf:
    The screen I had the most issues with was the Edit Customer screen.  At one time I had 10 or so different copies, but now I'm at 4 so it's not that big a deal anymore.

Would you mind emailing me your company account and turn on Method Support from the customize > users tab.  Please include the screens you're not able to delete.  You should have no problem deleting screens so I'd like to have a look through your account.

~C

• 09-18-2012 4:13 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Chad,

I think maybe you've misunderstood the problem.  I am able to delete any screen I wish.  The issue was with the window telling you it's deleting, Instead of going away after what I thought was sufficient time to do the actual delete, the window stayed there for  way too long.  I waited as much as 15 minutes in one case, but don't really know how long it would have remained had I left it.

So, when I grew tired of waiting, I would either log out/in or else do a role change or Display refresh; all of which cleared the screen and let me carry all. But in all cases, the screen did get deleted.  It's almost as if the system forgot to send a message back to clear the screen, or at least such a message was not received.  I know that sounds a little weird, but I have had that with other events, so I know it happens. 

If you can't simulate the problem at your end,  I doubt if it's worth pursuing.

thanks,

Rolf

• 09-18-2012 4:37 PM In reply to

Answer

Thanks for clarifying Rolf!  I thought you were unable to delete screens which I would definitely want to look into.  

I'll see if I can recreate the issue of the delete message not disappearing and I'll follow up if I make any progress!

~C

• 09-18-2012 4:47 PM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-18-2011
    • Posts 109

Okay Chad, thanks for your help on this. 

I did however just send another one for you to work on, ~bwg.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)