Method Community

Designer Not Maintaining Formated Fields

Last post 10-02-2009 10:38 AM by Method_Valbon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-08-2009 1:58 AM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Designer Not Maintaining Formated Fields

Within the FieldService Work Order (WO) Screen, I've identified the comment field as an HTML.  This allows me to format the field with different fonts, highlights, bullets, etc...  

However, when generating a report from the WO screen to a PDF, I see the HTML tags in the comment field on the PDF document.

Within Designer, under "Behavior/Multiline", when selected as "Yes" the format somewhat works (carriage returns), but the HTML tags show where the format occurs (i.e. bold, buttets, and carriage returns).  If selected as "No" the format is lost and there are no HTML tags.

Is there a setting in Designer that removes the HTML tags, but keeps the format?

• 08-10-2009 12:40 PM In reply to

Re: Designer Not Maintaining Formated Fields

Hey John,

The report designer is actually a 3rd party component we use. I don’t believe (un-confirmed) it’s capable of rendering text with formatting options pulled from an HTML editor. Add to this post in a couple months and we’ll see if we could dig deeper into this then.

Val

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 08-10-2009 3:02 PM In reply to

John emailed his response as follows:

“May I contact them directly.
    Thank you for your partnership,”

John, it’s actually an inner component, so they are not someone that supports end users.

We’re currently using version 8 of the report designer, and it appears that version 9 actually supports HTML rendering by the RTF object on there.  The upgrade is likely but not in the immediate future. Check back in a couple months, I’ll be sure to keep you posted if anything changes.

Val

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 10-02-2009 10:38 AM In reply to

John emailed the following question:

“You said that we cannot do report formatting in fields because the current version of Report Designer does not do HTML, but that the new version will…   Any status on the next release of Report Designer?”

Hi John,

Surely you can vouch that (1) we do consider all customer feedback at Method and (2) we do work fast to get changes out. Having said, it is also critical that we prioritize this list to benefit the majority of Method users. This upgrade is still on our list but not in the immediate future.

Val

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)