Method Community

QuickBooks sync settings section is not displaying properly

Last post 10-08-2012 9:43 AM by mlongacre. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2012 5:39 PM

QuickBooks sync settings section is not displaying properly

When I log in to one of my Method accounts (as the Admin and using an Admin tab group, as well as using other users or roles) and go to the QuickBooks tab and look at the Synchronize screen, I see the Installation instructions section and the Common QuickBooks integration questions section, but not the Edit Synchronization preferences section.  The Edit Synchronization preferences section only appears if I click on "Hide Installation Steps" link.  This is not a problem with my display or needing to scroll down - the section is hidden with no indication that it belongs there until I click the other link.  If I click the Save Settings button at the bottom of the Edit Synchronization preferences section, the section disappears again and only comes back by clicking the "Hide Installation Steps" link in the section above again.

I have checked to make sure the user has access to all roles and to all tabs and tab links, to all screens and tables.  I don't think the Synchronize screen is one I can modify.  Can anyone tell me why it is behaving this way and how I can fix it?  FYI, this Method account has not been linked to A QB file yet.

Thanks.

Mary

-Mary Longacre
  • 10-07-2012 5:51 PM In reply to

Re: QuickBooks sync settings section is not displaying properly

Answer

Those settings don't show up until you link the file intially.

Paul

• 10-08-2012 9:43 AM In reply to

Re: QuickBooks sync settings section is not displaying properly

Thanks Paul, good to know.  But it seems a bit counter-intuitive to hide the sync settings until after you've already done a sync!  I'm glad that I was able to find them.  I'd prefer that you have a "Show Sync Settings" link on that page right from the start.  For this client the primary issue is that we are using the CRM aspects of Method, but have no need for vendor transactions to sync, so I was simply going to turn the sync off for those types of recordsThis project is a redesign of the client's prior CRM system into Method, and I had put up-to-date contact info into Method and wanted it to overwrite the old info that was in QuickBooks, so I was also looking for the setting to let Method win on editing conflicts.

-Mary Longacre
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)