Method Community

Add New Line Item to EstimateLine grid

Last post 10-08-2012 3:02 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2012 1:37 PM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Add New Line Item to EstimateLine grid

The EstimateLine Grid on the Estimates screen currently behaves as do all grids when requesting to add lines (rows).  The lines must be added to the end of the list.  The order of the lines, as they are added, is reflected in QuickBooks by the same order.

In QuickBooks, one can insert a line anywhere in the list; adding lines is not restricted to the end of the list.  Would the Method team consider implemented this kind of functionality on their EstimateLine and SalesOrderLine grids?  There are cases when the order matters and if an item is forgotten, then items must be deleted and reentered to preserve the proper order, which is tedious.  (I did add a 'sort' column to the Method grid and this work well in Method but has no effect in QuickBooks.)

• 10-08-2012 3:02 PM In reply to

Re: Add New Line Item to EstimateLine grid

Answer

viret56:
    Would the Method team consider implemented this kind of functionality on their EstimateLine and SalesOrderLine grids?

I will put the suggestion to the team here.  I can't say when or if this feature will be added but I'll update this thread if anything changes.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)