Method Community

Linking Activities and Time Entries to Projects (sales orders)

Last post 10-15-2012 5:26 PM by AutumnW. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2012 4:52 PM

Linking Activities and Time Entries to Projects (sales orders)

Hello,

I have customized Activity, Time Tracking and Project screens. I'm not using the Method process to track projects, and am not utilizing any contract types, budgets or line items. 

My goal is to be able to link/relate a time entry and/or an activity to a project from the subject screens (Activity/Time Tracking), but view them from within the project screen.

To accomplish this, I added a dropdown on the time tracking screen and it displays exactly what I want (active projects for the selected customer). I have a text change action created to update the BudgetID field, which links it to the project. I can view the time entry from a grid within the project. This is all working great.

However, after I select a project and save the record, the project name chosen appears to populate all existing time entries. If I delete it from one, it deletes it from all records. The other records are not actually linked to the project, but just displays the name.

Not sure why this is happening, can you provide some direction on what I'm doing wrong? 

Thank you!

• 10-15-2012 5:26 PM In reply to

Re: Linking Activities and Time Entries to Projects (sales orders)

Answer

I solved my problem. I just needed to use the existing BudgetID dropdown field, chosing the columns I wanted displayed instead of adding a new drop down object.

It's all working great now. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)