Method Community

Customising Invoice and Estimate Templates

Last post 08-17-2009 10:34 AM by ryaninlonfon. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2009 5:02 AM

Customising Invoice and Estimate Templates

Hi !

Just a quick mail to see if anyone can help, I am trying to locate the screen to edit what the invoice template and estimate template are like for emailing directly from method etc, Of course i would like to add company logo to this etc,

Another query I am also looking to solve is chaning the $ sign to £ on invoice/estimates etc automatically.

Thanks!

Ryan

• 08-14-2009 5:25 AM In reply to

Re: Customising Invoice and Estimate Templates

http://methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/272/769.aspx#769

Hi i have just found a previous topic which i am thinking may have covered my question, Thanks

• 08-14-2009 5:37 AM In reply to

the only query left at this moment is :

Another query I am also looking to solve is chaning the $ sign to £ on invoice/estimates etc automatically.

i have tried to look through the options and settings, but on methods screen online it shows the £ sign, but on invoice preview/creation, it is back to dollars.

• 08-14-2009 11:06 AM In reply to

Hey Ryan,

I am looking into this for you, I just wanted to narrow it down a bit. Are you talking about on the Print Preview, or are you talking about on the method screen.

I am looking into both answers just in case, I will post something shortly.

• 08-14-2009 11:46 AM In reply to

Hi!

On the actual method screen i can see the £ sign, which is correct, but on print preview of the invoice the $ is on the invoice. Hope this helps please let me know if you need any other details.

Ryan

• 08-14-2009 4:40 PM In reply to

Hello,

So I did some testing and I figured out that yes you can have it come out like that in the print preview. You do need to edit the format on the report though. Using the report designer, open the template you want to change. Change the format of the text in the fields that display currency. save the report and give it a shot :D

Hope this helps

• 08-17-2009 7:23 AM In reply to

Hi!

I had a look at the report designer and it has for example "[TotalAmount]" but there is no way for me to change the $ sign to a £ sign, should this be automated depending on what setting it on quickbooks?

I'm not sure if what i meant has got across, as I am in UK and quickbooks is set in £, I would like the Invoice on Method to be in £, but it is currently in $ sign on the invoice. Many Thanks!

Ryan

• 08-17-2009 10:19 AM In reply to

Hey Ryan,

I understand what you're trying to do. When you select "[TotalAmount]" on the report, it shows you the properties for that field/object on the right hand side. Go over that list and you will locate how to change the formatting. By default It does not have the £ sign. You need to add it as a custom format. Look for the property "Summary", here you will locate "Format String".

Good luck!

If you require more help, contact your business consultant to book some consulting time.

• 08-17-2009 10:34 AM In reply to

Hi and thanks for taking the time to let me know, I'll give it a shot!

Regards

Ryan

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)