Method Community

Automation

Last post 10-22-2012 6:56 PM by LaCrews. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-22-2012 12:56 PM

Automation

Spoke with Wayne on live chat about this but I wanted to put what im attempting out on the forums to see if anyone had any ideas of how to pull this off if Method can not. Would infusion soft work for this?

I have a screen that is set up to send out shipping notifications via email to clients once their items have shipped.

This notification is sent via a button on my screen after all the fields are filled in and processed.

My question is would it be possible to automate a function that after seven days would email the account manager a task ?

In other words:
    The button is pressed to sent original email
    now a time delay is set and seven days later (no button pressed, nothing logged into) the account manager gets an email
    to contact the client for follow up?
  • 10-22-2012 1:50 PM In reply to

Re: Automation

Greetings,

I have looked into automation to send out invoices without being in method and from my review it could not happen. I am wondering if a follow up could be used some how.

Somehow method would have to keep some kind of time control live at all times.  Is it possible to use the "call web service" action to have another website get the method data, hold it till the 7 days then send out a email that way?  

I dont do any programming just thinking outloud maybe involk some ideas from other people. 

John M

• 10-22-2012 3:24 PM In reply to

Answer

NeilRick:
    My question is would it be possible to automate a function that after seven days would email the account manager a task?

Yes.  I would create a field (or table) that stores the date you emailed the customer.  Then when the home dashboard loads you can trigger an action that checks the table for any dates greater than 7 days.  If you find one then you can trigger another action to send an email.

Alternatively you can get this done through the Method API pretty easily.  We've got a list of Method Consultants who have experience with the API here.

~C

• 10-22-2012 3:27 PM In reply to

John M:
    Is it possible to use the "call web service" action to have another website get the method data, hold it till the 7 days then send out a email that way?

John M,

Your best bet here might to to utilize the Method API to get this done.  Anything you do in Method would have to be trigger via a screen load vs. the API which you control when it runs.  If my post above there a link to our consultant's page which will link you up with Method Certified Consultants who have worked with our API.

~C

• 10-22-2012 6:56 PM In reply to

Hi John M

The number of approaches that can be used to solve this using Method's API.  Let us know if you'd like to have a conversation.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)