Method Community

setting up an auto filter for calendar

Last post 10-29-2012 11:45 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2012 8:52 AM

setting up an auto filter for calendar

Hi I'd like to set my calendar so that when I load it up, it automatically loads a pre-sel;ected filter group of resources (team members) currently it defaults to only one resource - me, as I'm signing in.

how do I set this up.  I was able t do this last year but since an update early in this year, seem unable to do so now.

• 10-26-2012 9:17 AM In reply to

Re: setting up an auto filter for calendar

Also, How do I go about adding a self populatuting address field box in the Add/editwork order screen so that when I enter an already existing client, the address pops up - I've had some problems with duplicate client names getting confused and this would stop that happening.

• 10-26-2012 11:38 AM In reply to

Hi taurusgardening,

I've moved your questions to the appropriate forum to be addressed

Dave

• 10-29-2012 10:29 AM In reply to

taurusgardening:
    how do I set this up.  I was able t do this last year but since an update early in this year, seem unable to do so now.

If this option existed previously it was removed as I can see no way to initiate a calendar load using more than one default resource.  I'll put in a feature request on your behalf and will update this thread if/when this becomes available.

~C

• 10-29-2012 11:45 AM In reply to

Answer

taurusgardening:
    How do I go about adding a self populatuting address field box in the Add/editwork order screen so that when I enter an already existing client, the address pops up

First off the address is already stored with each work order once saved - your customization would be for display purposes on this screen only. 

You'll want to build in an action on text change from the Customer drop down.  As soon as someone selects the Customer you'll have a unique identifier with which to retrieve their address from the Entity table.  So on text change you'll want to call a retrieve value from table to pull up their address (note: this will require you to make a retrieve for each address line).  You can then use the character function to combine the address lines however you like into an Action Result which can then be displayed on screen.

Here's a screenshot showing my retrieve value action on text change for the Customer drop down.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)