Method Community

Online back up of QB

Last post 08-19-2009 8:49 PM by JPJ. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2009 11:42 AM

• JPJ
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2009
    • Posts 7

Online back up of QB

We use an online back up service for QB. It will not back up if the method integration engine is running. If we shut down the engine then we have to log into and wait while method scans the QB files for changes. This can take some time. Is there a way around this?

• 08-17-2009 4:57 PM In reply to

Re: Online back up of QB

Hello,

Is your online backup automatic or do you manually schedule it?  The online backup wouldn't work only when Method is doing a changes only sync and you can see when it is performing the sync by opening the engine and looking at the status. If you are manually doing the backup then you can push it between changes only syncs.
    If you are doing automatic backups then I can brainstorm with the Development Team to see if it is possible to maybe pause the engine for a specified period of time so the backup can run and then resume afterwards - this is just an idea that I can bring up. I'll wait to hear back from you.

• 08-19-2009 8:49 PM In reply to

• JPJ
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2009
    • Posts 7

Re: Online back up of QB

Amanda,

Thank you for replying. Yes we do an auto back-up in the early AM hours. Being able to pause the engine would be nice. One less thing to think about. I'll wait to here from you.

Jim

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)