Method Community

Data not showing in field

Last post 11-09-2012 3:25 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2012 11:47 AM

Data not showing in field

I have moved the e-mail standard field onto the work order screen.  There is an e-mail address in the customer file I an testing, but the data is not showing up in the e-mail field on the work order.  I have done this for other fields and the data shows up.  I am not sure what else I should check.  I have not added any filters or put any limits on the field.  I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

• 11-09-2012 1:52 PM In reply to

Re: Data not showing in field

Hi VLocke,

Could you give us a few more details on what you are trying to do?  What table is the screen based off of?  Also, is the field a custom field or one from the table the screen is based off of?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-09-2012 2:25 PM In reply to

I am using a standard field "e-mail" from the customer table - it is listed as an available field in the work order screen.  I moved the field into the screen.  The field is showing up on the screen.  When I am testing a  work order enter with a customer I have made sure has and e-mail addressed enter.  The e-mail address is not showing up in the field.  From  what I can see I have choose the correct field to move on to the screen  and I dont' see anything else I have to do for other fields that I have setup on the screen with the same scenerio - a standard field offer to the work order screen by default.  I hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks.

• 11-09-2012 3:25 PM In reply to

Answer

Could you give me the exact name of the email field you are using?  From which stock screen are you copying the custom screen off of?

The work order screen is based off of the activity table and not the customer table.  The activity table has a field called “contact email”.  This is different from the customer email.  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)