Method Community

Accum B-Qty

Last post 12-13-2012 2:21 PM by Matt. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2012 5:27 PM

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2008
    • Posts 877

Accum B-Qty

I'm not sure that the Accum B-Qty is being calculated correctly and here is an example to show why:

Create an item that is an hourly charge.

Create a time tracking entry for say 8 hrs.

Create an invoice for the 8 hours.

Add another time tracking entry for 4hrs.

Try to create an invoice.

Since the 4 hours to be invoiced is less than the 8 hours already invoiced, the app thinks that an invoice should not be created.

In the Recaulculate button actions (On the bidget/Contract screen) the script to calculate the Accum B-Qty filters time tracking entries to only include those with billable status of Billable instead of including HasBeenBilled as well, and I believe this is the source of the issue.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 11-12-2012 1:05 PM In reply to

Re: Accum B-Qty

Answer

Hi Matt,

Hourly items are based on Billable AND Approved. The part you may be missing is the approved. If that does not help, try running a sync as we may rely on QB to get the updated Qty to be invoiced (it is calcualted there and sent back to us...I think).

Matt:
    In the Recaulculate button actions (On the bidget/Contract screen) the script to calculate the Accum B-Qty filters time tracking entries to only include those with billable status of Billable instead of including HasBeenBilled as well, and I believe this is the source of the issue.

I don't quite agree with this. If something has already been invoiced why would you want it to be available to invoice again? This was done by design and I believe QB does something similar on it's end.

Please let me know if this helps.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 11-12-2012 2:07 PM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2008
    • Posts 877

Method_Valbon:
    Hourly items are based on Billable AND Approved. The part you may be missing is the approved.

In the example, I was saving and approving the time tracking entries, I should have mentioned that. So, this is not the issue.

Method_Valbon:
    If that does not help, try running a sync as we may rely on QB to get the updated Qty to be invoiced (it is calcualted there and sent back to us...I think).

I created and approved a time tracking entry for 8 hours, synced and then invoiced and synced again. I then looked at the "Ordered" quantity in Quickbooks and it showed 8 for the line. I then click the recalculate button, which changed the Accum B-Qty to 0 on the Budgets / Contract screen. It also changed the ordered quantity to 0. I'm not 100% sure, but it appears as though the Accum B-Qty value is being sent over to QB as the Ordered Qty.

Method_Valbon:
    I don't quite agree with this. If something has already been invoiced why would you want it to be available to invoice again? This was done by design and I believe QB does something similar on it's end.

I agree that you don't want to invoice them again, but if my assumption above is correct, that the Accum B-Qty is being sent as the Ordered Qty you would want the Accum B-Qty to include the time that has already been invoiced because QB subtracts the Invoiced qty from the Ordered Qty to arrive at the remaining to be invoiced Qty.

Pro Services seems to do this as well. If 8 hours have already been invoiced and 6 more hours are added and approved in the time tracking, nothing will show up when you click the create invoice button.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

Creator of:

• 12-13-2012 2:21 PM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2008
    • Posts 877

Val,

Have you had a chance to look into this any further?

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

Creator of:

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)