Method Community

Active and inactive customers and "modification" and "sync" conflicts

Last post 11-30-2012 5:53 PM by ShanSuzanne. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2012 3:38 PM

Active and inactive customers and "modification" and "sync" conflicts

We use Method and Quickbooks Online.  We are aware that there is no place in QBO to differentiate between active and inactive.  All customers (not including leads) whether checked as Active or not should show up in Quickbooks?  Is that correct?

Also, we received a "modification" conflict on a customer that we changed from "inactive" (unchecked - is this an active customer) to "active" (checked - this is an active customer).  After several unsuccessful attempts to fix this conflict, we now have also received a few "sync" conflicts where the sync has been aborted.

We do not know why these customers are not showing up on QBO (those not checked as active, or have been changed) and why we are getting the conflicts and why we are having the trouble with the sync being aborted.

Please advise.

Thank you!

• 11-28-2012 8:39 AM In reply to

Re: Active and inactive customers and "modification" and "sync" conflicts

Hi,

You are correct, QBO does not allow to you to mark a customer as inactive or active.  As a result, Method will not allow you to mark a customer as inactive.

How was this inactive customer brought into Method?  Could you also post the conflict message?  This might give us an idea of what might be happening.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-29-2012 4:03 PM In reply to

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your response!  Greatly appreciated!

Here is the most recent error message:

Method CRM - QuickBooks Online Sync Results

Company Account CorrectToes
    Result Aborted
    Message An unknown error has occurred.
    Changes to QBO
    Changes to Method

Our first conflict was a "modification" conflict.  If you would like the info from the "details" section, I would prefer to provide that to you privately because it contains private customer information. 

As for the most recent conflict, I have been getting the above message for the past couple days (after I received the modification conflict) and have not been able to sync QBO and Method at all because of it.  This is obviously not a good thing!

All in all, I don't know what is going on.  I am quite confused and not sure what needs to be fixed or how to fix it and move forward.

I appreciate your help!

Shannon

• 11-30-2012 3:04 PM In reply to

Hi Shannon,

You can email me the details of the conflict.  I'm still a bit confused how inactive customer got into Method.  Is it possible to delete the Customer in Method and re-enter them?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-30-2012 5:53 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Adam,

Yes, I was able to clean things up by deleting and re-entering.  I have been able to sync properly today.

I guess the question that still remains is how we are getting inactive accounts.  We currently have 9 "inactive" accounts in Method (and we don't necessarily want them to be listed as "inactive).  It looks like the majority of these "inactive' accounts were originally entered in QBO, not Method.  So I have no idea why they are "inactive" in Method - being that we can't choose an "inactive" option in QBO.  Nor are they accounts that we access via Method.  Any thoughts on that?

Again, thank you for your help!

Shannon

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)