Method Community

Outlook plug-in vs Google Gadget

Last post 12-20-2012 11:49 AM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2012 8:46 AM

• s.mcneal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-27-2011
    • Trumbull, CT
    • Posts 24

Outlook plug-in vs Google Gadget

Have been using Google Gadget for about a week and noticed that it works for known customer/leads. I have a new lead who is already in Outlook/gmail contact  folder but not yet in Method or QuickBooks. Would the Outlook plug-in fill in this gap?

• 12-20-2012 10:29 AM In reply to

Re: Outlook plug-in vs Google Gadget

Answer

Hi,

If they are a Gmail contact (not in Method though), you can add them to Method using the Gmail Gadget.  Is that what you mean?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-20-2012 11:13 AM In reply to

• s.mcneal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-27-2011
    • Trumbull, CT
    • Posts 24

You mean Gmail Gadget is the same as Google Gadget?? I have seen this screen before. If this is true, it looks like the lead has to send me an email in order to activate the gadget. This opportunity came in a phone conversation.

In the meantime, I entered the contact information from Outlook into Method.

In another case, I have the contact information in Method but not Outlook. Sent him an email from Method to see if that works. I expect that his reply will trigger the Gadget.

It appears that the Google gadget trigger is an incoming email. Is this correct?

• 12-20-2012 11:49 AM In reply to

Answer

Yes, the terms Gmail Gadget and Google gadget can be used interchangeably.  Since we're talking about Gmail, I prefer to use Gmail gadget.

And yes, in both cases when you receive the incoming email you can then add them to Method using the gadget.  There is documentation on the Gmail Gadget on our Help Centre.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)