Method Community

Template or Campaign received email From fromat

Last post 01-10-2013 4:27 PM by Kitty Walker. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2013 3:10 PM

Template or Campaign received email From fromat

Hello forum,

I have created templates to use on my campaigns. My campaigns are just emails with information about information needed for our firm during tax season. What I am seeing when i have been testing my emails are the FROM section has a long format like this: Kitty A Walker [cj@cjspadycpa.com]; on behalf of; Kitty A Walker [kitty@cjspadycpa.com] - I only want it to show from Kitty A Walker etc and my email not on behalf. Where is this field provided and how do I have controll over this format?

Thanks,
    Kitty
  • 01-09-2013 8:10 AM In reply to

Re: Template or Campaign received email From fromat

Hi Kitty,

I wasn't able to recreate this.  Are you sending the email through the List Builder?  On which screens did you build the template and send the email?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-09-2013 8:58 AM In reply to

Answer

Kitty,

This looks like this is your issue.  You'll have to change your Gmail settings.

http://lifehacker.com/5733436/use-a-google-apps-account-to-authenticate-outgoing-mail-from-your-regular-gmail-account

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-09-2013 11:14 AM In reply to

Adam,

I am not using Gmail – so I am not sure why that was suggested as a problem. I am using outlook and Method CRM.

Maybe it a behind the system, the way my profile is set up? Below is what I have and what it looks like.

Again, when I am sending out campaigns, this is what I get int he From area: Kitty A Walker [cj@cjspadycpa.com]; on behalf of; Kitty A Walker [kitty@cjspadycpa.com]

When all i want is from Kitty ....

From: bounces+22859-3586-kitty=cjspadycpa.com@email.methodintegration.com [mailto:bounces+22859-3586-kitty=cjspadycpa.com@email.methodintegration.com] On Behalf Of Method Community - Automated Email
    Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:01 AM
    To: kitty@cjspadycpa.com
    Subject: Re: Template or Campaign received email From fromat

By Method_Adam in Method General Q&A

Kitty,

This looks like this is your issue.  You'll have to change your Gmail settings.

http://lifehacker.com/5733436/use-a-google-apps-account-to-authenticate-outgoing-mail-from-your-regular-gmail-account

- Adam

===============================
    You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications when someone responded to this topic.

To unsubscribe, go here and disable your email subscription for this thread.

Thanks,
    Kitty
  • 01-09-2013 11:37 AM In reply to

Hi Kitty,

I sent that link since a number of our users use Gmail for business and it was a common problem in the past.  Obviously not your issue and I appologize.

Can you make sure that the email in the from area is matching the default email preferences?  If not, can you change one or the other so that it matches and test that?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-09-2013 12:46 PM In reply to

Adam,

Thank you and I will look into this.

Where is this page located? I went to my profile and did not see this. I am not the administrator, so would this be something that my boss (the administrator) have access to?

Thanks,
    Kitty
  • 01-09-2013 1:28 PM In reply to

Kitty,

Possibly.  That screen is under Customize > My Account, so it would depend on whether you have access to that tab link.  If you don't, you'll have to get access to it from your administrator.  The Default Email Preferences can be set for each user's email address.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-10-2013 4:27 PM In reply to

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for following up. I will review with my boss as she has access to this screen.  You and Ashur have been VERY Helpfully (I do not use this word lightly)!

Thank you!

Thanks,
    Kitty
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)