Method Community

New Method User Group starting for Non-MSPs in January 2013

Last post 01-14-2013 9:42 AM by AprilHooper. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2013 3:05 PM

James Baker and I are starting a new Method User Group in January. If you are a Method user and not an MSP and want to network with other Method Users and learn, please send me a message or email to join. We’ve asked MSP's not to join because they have their own user groups and we want you to know that you won’t be given a sales pitch. This is a place to learn.

For those of you who are interested in hiring an MSP, we will have guest MSP presenters each month so that you can get to know some of them. But, we will have guidelines against the selling of services within the group.

This group is best for business owners who want to learn how to use Method and for users who want to learn how to do light customization on their own.

We will be using GoToMeeting to meet remotely from all over the country. We will start out with a 30 minute presentation followed by questions and a group discussion. If there is a particular topic you would like covered, please let us know. For example, we can demonstrate how to change the logo and colors in a Method account - or - we can show how to set up a trial account and sync it with a QuickBooks file.

What time would you prefer? For our first meeting, we can meet on Tuesday, 1/22/13 at 3:00 pm Pacific Time or Tuesday 1/29/13 at 7:00 am Pacific Time.

We also started a new private LinkedIn Group and will be inviting those of you who respond soon. If you are interested, please let me know.

There is no charge for joining this group.

April Hooper
    April@SimplifiedBusinessPortals.com
    310 313 2879

• 01-14-2013 12:10 AM In reply to

• Sandy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2012
    • Posts 8

Re: New Method User Group starting for Non-MSPs in January 2013

Hi April.  I would be very interested in joining this group.  I've just returned from Method bootcamp in San Francisco with Joe and am so excited about using the software. I just passed the Method level 1 exam and just received the Advance Certification last week.   I'm currently using Method within my company and still have lots of questions hoping to find answers in this group.  I would also like to join the linked in group as well.  Thanks for putting this group together.  I'm looking forward to learning all I can about Method.

Sandy Bever

ETEC & Associates, LLC

Sandy Bever
    ETEC & Assoc, LLC
    Certified in QuickBooks, Fishbowl & Method
    “We appreciate your referrals”
    sandy@etecassoc.com
    www.etecassoc.com
    Office: 971-222-3580 ext 101
    Cell: 503-539-9060
    Serving WA, OR
  • 01-14-2013 9:42 AM In reply to

Re: New Method User Group starting for Non-MSPs in January 2013

Hi Sandy,

Thank you so much for your post.  I've replied to you offline about another new group that is for MSPs.  There has been a bit of confusion because I have been posting about both 

To clarify for everyone, this group is for Non-MSPs, which means business owners who are using Method solely for their own business.  If you are interested, please contact me and let me know if you would prefer to meet on January 22 or 29.

There are another set of groups that are for MSPs that are going extraordinarily well.  Fran Reed and I host the first that we named with our tongues-in-cheek:  Not-So-West-Coast Method Group, because it was an offshoot of a West Coast group.  From that sprang a group hosted by Eileen Sass and Steve Blaustein called (say it with me...) the Not-So-East-Coast Method Group.  Each group filled up to 10 members right away and now we are starting a third group to be named later.  Carol Oliver and David Gutierrez will be hosting that group.  I believe they are already full and they haven't had their first meeting yet, but they can put names on the waiting list.  So, if you are an MSP and are interested in joining a networking group, contact Carol or David and ask to be put on the waiting list.

The common thread of both types of groups are that there are no fees.  They are solely for education and networking. The MSPs have really come together as groups and created some strong business relationships.  Our vision for the Non-MSP group is to emphasize education and answering user's questions in a way that compliments the other resources provided by Method Integration.

I hope this helps untangle any confusion.  Please feel free to contact me if you are not sure which group would be better for you.

April Hooper

Simplified Business Portals, LLC

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)