Method Community

Change status on work order after invoicing

Last post 01-21-2013 5:18 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2013 3:56 PM

Change status on work order after invoicing

Hi,

I'm trying to have the status change on a work order after someone from the work order has clicked the create invoice button, created the invoice, and saved....then that work order, canges it's status from "to be invoiced" to "awaiting payment". I'm trying to figure out if I need to make this something that happens on close pop up or maybe an action on the save button of the invoice screen, since I don't want it to change the status if no actual invoice was made. But it appears that there is no reference to a work order from an invoice. So does that mean I need to add a new field in a table so it knows how to link back?

Since I'm pretty sure I just rambled, maybe this will be an easier way to understand what process I want to happen:

Work Order > Create Invoice > Save Invoice > Change Work Order Status to Awaiting Payment

Thanks!

• 01-21-2013 5:18 PM In reply to

Re: Change status on work order after invoicing

Maia,

This can be done, but might take more customization than you might think.  The ActivityInvoiceType table (the table that holds the invoice types) has no screen attached to it.  So in order to add the status "Awaiting payment", you will first have to create a screen based off of that table.  You will then have to edit the Invoice screen, find the action that sets that activity type from "To be invoiced" to "Awaiting payment".

The actions around this can be complicated.  You must also keep in mind that this customization can affect other screens.  The dashboard for example uses this field to organize your work orders.  This screen may need to be customized as well to reflect the new type.

What will be the process after this?  Will you use another custom invoice type to reflect invoices paid?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)