Method Community

Automatic Rounding

Last post 11-17-2014 3:04 PM by robert.cowart. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2013 4:21 PM

• BartH
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2012
    • Posts 10

Automatic Rounding

I have setup a screen where we can enter our sales data.  After we enter all our info into the form we hit the save button.  If we refresh the grid and select the record we just entered one field gets rounded and I cannot get it to stay as what we entered.  For Example we enter our cost as 1.61 it rounds to 2.00 when we recall the record, but it calculates the correct profit margin as if it was still 1.61.  I have check everywhere I can think of and nothing is setup to round.

Any ideas why it is autorounding this field?

• 01-21-2013 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: Automatic Rounding

BartH,

Can you tell me what tables and field you are using?  Is it an existing table and field or a custom one?  Which version are you using, the December or January version?  If you were using the December version, try using the January version and see if the issue persists.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-22-2013 8:51 AM In reply to

• BartH
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2012
    • Posts 10

Adam,

It is a custom table that includes multiple fields that have the same setup (decimal, 2 places) but this particular field rounds to an even number.  I changed over to the January version and it still is doing the same thing.

• 01-22-2013 9:03 AM In reply to

Bart,

What field type is the field that is rounding (money, text, integer)?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-22-2013 9:06 AM In reply to

• BartH
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2012
    • Posts 10

Adam,

It is a Decimal field.

• 01-23-2013 8:48 AM In reply to

Bart,

I've done some testing but I can't seem to replicate this.  Could you turn on MethodSupport and then email me your account name and the screen that is doing this?  I'd like to test how you have it setup.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-23-2013 9:51 AM In reply to

Bart,

I took a look and tried to replicate your setup on my account and still can't replicate the issue.   Since it's a custom table and screen, you'll have to speak to a consultant to try and debug this issue. If there is found to be an error or issue with Method you will not be charged.  If you would like to speak to a consultant, let me know and I can put you in contact with one.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-07-2014 4:09 PM In reply to

I've got the same issue.  What was the resolution?  

Being told you have to pay a consultant to deal with an obvious but in the screen handling of 2 decimal columns in a table, is...  Insert your favorite colorful phrase there.... 

• 11-17-2014 3:04 PM In reply to

I created new decimal columns and made sure they were set for 2 decimal places, added these to my existing screen and set those to 2 decimals then it worked as expected.  

No consultants were used or injured in the creation of this solution.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)