Method Community

E-mail Reminder for All-Day Appointment

Last post 01-22-2013 1:04 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2013 10:04 AM

E-mail Reminder for All-Day Appointment

Everytime an employee is scheduled for an all-day appointment, they get an e-mail reminder at midnight. This isn't very useful as a reminder and its waking people up sometimes because their phone buzzes. How do I set it up so they get the alert 1 hour before they start work that day instead? Or is that possible?

Thanks!

• 01-22-2013 10:47 AM In reply to

Re: E-mail Reminder for All-Day Appointment

Maia,

I don't believe you can change when a reminder email is sent.  The default is 15 minutes before the activity is due (according to the Due On date and time).  How are your appointments created?  What is the Due On time for these appointments?  You may be able to set this to an hour by setting the Due On time to 45 minutes from the start time of the appointment.

There was a blog post about reminders, it will contain more information and and outline how to also use SMS for reminders.  You can find that post here: Reminders

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-22-2013 11:53 AM In reply to

Hey, I read the Reminders blog. I learned something new, though it didn't help me with my problem.Sad

So, I don't care if it's an hour or 15 minutes before the appointment start time..as long as it's not when some people are sleepingIt looks like it doesn't matter when I set the Due On date. As long as the All Day Event is selected, even if the start time is set to 8 am, it wants to send an e-mail alert around midnight. Is this maybe a calendar setting? I'm going to try and change my calendar show times and see if that changes things..I guess I'll let you know tomorrow...unless you have any other ideas.

• 01-22-2013 1:04 PM In reply to

Are you setting these appointments up in Outlook?  Outlook will default to 12am - 12pm for all day events. If you are using the Outlook gadget, this may be why Method sends the email out at close to midnight.  You can change those defaults.  I set up an all day event from 9 - 5 and it was synced to Method as an activity from 9 - 5.  Gmail has similar defaults if you are using the Gmail gadget.  You can try and create an all day event and find that event in Method and see what the time is.  Method will only send the reminder 15 minutes from when it is due.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)