Method Community

Can't log in with Firefox18

Last post 02-11-2013 2:08 PM by AprilHooper. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2013 8:43 PM

• Lucas
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-15-2011
    • Posts 11

Can't log in with Firefox18

I can't log in with Firefox18. I can go to the website, enter my information, but the login button doesn't work. It works with the latest version of internet explorer, but certain screens and links in method cause IE to crash. I'm trying to fix other issues with method and I have to stop and reboot frequently. Any ideas?

• 01-26-2013 11:43 PM In reply to

Re: Can't log in with Firefox18

I usually use Firefox too, but had a message pop up on my screen that there was an issue with the browser so I moved to Chrome for the day.  Mine is version 18.0.1.

Chrome seems to be working fine.

Hope this helps.

• 01-28-2013 12:47 AM In reply to

I was with the client today when the same message popped up in google Chrome.  We were still able to work, but the message popped up several times.

• 01-28-2013 8:14 AM In reply to

Lucas & April,

Are the message and login issues still occurring?  I've logged in with both Firefox (18.0.1) and Chrome (Version 24.0.1312.56 m) today and have had no issues.  Can you let me know the exact error message or take a screen shot?

Lucas - Can you let me know what screens and links were causing IE to crash?

Thanks,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-31-2013 12:23 AM In reply to

Hi Adam,

I was using Firefox tonight adding a record to a customized Edit Opportunity screen and when I clicked on Save&New, this is the message that came up:

An unexpected error occurred while processing the results in your browser. If this issue persists please contact your method administrator.

This has been happening quite a bit in both Firefox and Chrome, but it doesn't stop the records from being saved.

Thanks,

April

• 01-31-2013 8:15 AM In reply to

April,

Have you tried clearing your cache in either browser?  I'd also try Internet Explorer and see if it happens there. 

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-31-2013 4:37 PM In reply to

April,

Could you email me the account this is happening on?  Also, does this just happen on customized screens or stock screens too?

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-01-2013 9:44 AM In reply to

Hi Adam,

I think it must be an update thing, but I've been so busy with a project that I haven't had time to check.  I cleared the cache and it's still happening, but only from the Save&New button, so it may something we've written into the button.  I'm going to see if it fixes itself the next time Java or Adobe update.  If not, I can pick it apart next week and I'll let you know.  Thanks for following up!

April

• 02-09-2013 10:32 PM In reply to

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your patience.  You last responded to my post on 1/28/13 and I've finally taken a closer look at the problem.   I originally had an issue more similar to Lucas's where I got a message after logging in.  That quickly went away, but this problem remains.

It is happening on two accounts that I have sent you in an email.  I've clicked the Active box for Method Support for both accounts: We get the following message on the New Opportunity(2) screen when clicking on the Clear/New, Delete and Save & New buttons:

"An unexpected error occurred while processing the results in your browser. If this issue persists please contact your method administrator."

It doesn't happen on the original New Opportunity screen.  I created a new Clear button and added only the Clear Screen action, but it still happened.  It happens in both Firefox and Google Chrome.  I cleared the cache in Firefox and it didn't change anything.

Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated.

April Hooper

• 02-11-2013 9:21 AM In reply to

Hi April,

I've taken a look, and everything appears to be in order.  I've submitted a ticket to the team to take a closer look.  I'll let you know when I hear back.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-11-2013 11:15 AM In reply to

Hi April,

We found the issue.  On your "Last Modified Date" field, you are using "(GMT -7)" to override the default time.  This is what is causing the error in Method.  I would suggest setting the time another way, perhaps using the current time and using a math calculation to alter the time.  Method will show the time based on the current time zone of the computer, so this may not even be necessary depending on the circumstances.  For a quick fix to the screen, just uncheck the Override checkbox on step 4 of the edit field wizard.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-11-2013 2:08 PM In reply to

Thanks!  Will do.

April

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)