Method Community

merging customers

Last post 01-31-2013 1:42 PM by Method_Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2013 9:48 AM

merging customers

Hello - I'm brand new and have really enjoyed all the things I've learned already in method.  I'm ready to start importing lists of customers and leads that I have on different excel sheets.  I'm wondering if I have a lead on two different lists is there a way to merge these 2 together in method?  Or if they are already a customer and I add them as a new one as I'm typing all our business cards is there a way to merge them together?  Thanks for your help.  

• 01-31-2013 11:07 AM In reply to

Re: merging customers

Hi Angie,

First off, I'm glad you are enjoying Method. Method doesn't actually have a merge function.  I would compare the two lists and remove the duplicate customers or leads, making sure to keep the most up-to-date information. 

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-31-2013 11:17 AM In reply to

Thanks for the reply.  If this does happen is there a way to delete a customer or lead?

• 01-31-2013 11:30 AM In reply to

You can certainly delete a customer or lead. If they are a customer in both QB and Method, this will delete them in both places.  I should also mention that you can merge customers in Quickbooks, and by doing that, they will also merge in Method, moving all of the links to that customer as well.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-31-2013 12:05 PM In reply to

thanks for the tip on merging customers in QB - so how do I delete a lead?

• 01-31-2013 1:42 PM In reply to

Answer

Angie,

To delete a lead, go to the Leads and Contacts List, and click the "go to" link next to the lead you wish to delete.  The is a button at the bottom called 'more actions', click that and select "Delete Lead".

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)