Method Community

Invalid Column Name

Last post 02-11-2013 10:10 PM by matlow99. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2013 1:12 AM

Invalid Column Name

Hello Method,

I am getting an error when I try to save changes to a profile screen. "Invalid column name 'BillAddressAddr2'. Please verify this field is in the table you are trying to update.

This happens on the ContactsPortal_EditProfile Screen when I change the billing address field and click the Save Changes button it returns the error. I have gone through the whole screen looking for action errors, and checked that the field is in the table, but can't seem to find the problem.

Are you able to look at my exact account and see the problem?

Best Regards,

Matt Low

• 02-06-2013 9:29 AM In reply to

Re: Invalid Column Name

Matt,

Have you tried regenerating the table (opening the table and clicking "Finished Editing Fields")?  Have you tried republishing the screen?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-06-2013 1:20 PM In reply to

Adam,

Yes I have regenerated the table multiple times, tried pulling the filed from another table and refreshed the screens. Can I delete the field from the contacts table and then readd the field?

• 02-06-2013 4:37 PM In reply to

Matt,

You won't be able to delete the field since it is used in other screens.  Can you exit out and make sure all screens are closed properly, and try regenerating both the contacts table and the entity table?  Then sign out and sign back in again.  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-07-2013 2:15 AM In reply to

Hi Matt,

I had the same message appear when I was referencing a linked field in an Insert Record into Table action and also the Update Field in Table action.  I was able to fix it by identifying the field on the table by Record ID # instead of Text.

Your situation may not be the same as mine, but I hope this helps.

April Hooper

• 02-08-2013 9:29 AM In reply to

April,

Thanks for the suggestion! Smile

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-11-2013 10:10 PM In reply to

Answer

I deleted the screen and started over. That fixed the problem. thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)