Method Community

Updating Field Issues

Last post 02-12-2013 9:49 AM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2013 10:33 PM

Updating Field Issues

Hi Method,

I am having a few issues with the save buttons on Edit Profile screens.

I need to add several fields that are not on the default "ContactsPortal_EditProfile screen. I have most of it working properly. However, (1) the screen creates a new contact, syncs it into QB but doesn't update the original. (2) it does not sync/update into quickbooks. (3) fields don't populate into the email template, even though I have edited that as well.

The data that is mostly missing are the credit card fields; Contacts.NameOnCard, Contacts.PaymentMethod,

What functions need to be changed to fix this?

• 02-12-2013 9:33 AM In reply to

Re: Updating Field Issues

Answer

Hi Matlow99,

What is your goal here? Is it simply to add two fields to the screen? 

(1) You mention the screen creates a new contact but doesn't update the original, are you wanting to update or create a new contact?  

(2) Method will not sync your custom fields with QB, but everything else should.  However, only the primary contact will sync with QB. If you are adding another contact they will not sync over.

(3) Have you added the merge fields correctly? 

It seems like the fields are not being updated correctly.  Have you added the additional "Update fields into table" actions for your new fields?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-12-2013 9:49 AM In reply to

Re: Updating Field Issues

Answer

One more thing.  The screen is built off of the Customer table and not the Contacts table.  The two fields with the data missing, are they in Contacts or Customer?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)