Method Community

Customer Portal with Payment Options?

Last post 09-02-2009 2:19 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2009 12:25 PM

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-21-2009
    • Posts 11

Customer Portal with Payment Options?

I'm testing out using the Customer Portal feature in the Method Integration so that my customers can view their invoices and account details. The feature works great, but I'd love it if I could customize this feature to be able to add payments as a feature. It looks like printing an invoice is pretty straight forward, so customers could mail in a check, but I'd like them to have the option of making credit card payments online. 

I believe these are called Sales Receipts in Quickbooks, but I'm not certain. So, Is there a way to add in creation of Sales Receipts to the Customer Portal?

Thanks!

• 09-02-2009 2:13 PM In reply to

Re: Customer Portal with Payment Options?

Hi Paul,

If I understand you correctly, you would like customers to log on to the Customer Portal, view their invoices and be able to make payments. This is possible but will require some customization. 
    You'll first need to customize a screen on the portal to process credit card payments, hint there is an action "Credit Card Processing" that would help you accomplish this ;).  Currently we work with PSI Gate and Electracash.  The next merchant service accounts we are looking to work with are Intuit Merchant Services, PayPal and Authozie.net.  You would of course have to add the other required fields like the credit card number, expiry date, etc.
    Currently on the default portal, there is a recent transaction tab link where the customers can see Receive Payment. You'll need to build a report for the print preview so they can print out a copy of the payment. We already have the “Print Preview..” link so you'll just have to point it to print the new report you build.
    This is something you can tackle on your own or you can contact your Business Systems Consultant if you would like us to do the customization for you.
    Hope this helps.

• 09-02-2009 2:19 PM In reply to

Re: Customer Portal with Payment Options?

Hey Paul,

If you customize the portal you can use the "process credit card" action and actually have clients make payments from the customer portal.

If you want to have the Method team do the customization contact your business consultant for details. If you wanted to try and do the customization yourself, take a look in our blog section for the webinars.

http://methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)