Method Community

Expanding notes field

Last post 09-04-2009 5:25 PM by Marcus. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2009 10:35 AM

Expanding notes field

On 9/2, on the Time Tracking screen (Method's, not a customized version), the Notes field began to expand and grow longer every time you click into it.  So, for example, the first time I click/tab into it to make notes with my time entry, it roughly doubles in size.  The next time I click/tab into it, it doubles in size again, and so on.  This is a hassle because I have to scroll down to click Save & New.  It just began happening Wednesday the 2nd of Sept.  Can this be corrected?

Marcus
  • 09-03-2009 1:21 PM In reply to

• Joe
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 97

Re: Expanding notes field

Hi Marcus.

Just wanted to let you know I had started a thread about this named "Odd Effect In Certain Screens".

The problem occured shortly after a previous update on the customization of fields/objects.

In that thread you will find that Amanda has taken the issue to the developers and we can likely expect a fix when they are able to put out a new update to patch up the leftover "growing textbox" issue.

Just a fellow end-user =),

~Joe

• 09-04-2009 9:47 AM In reply to

Hi Marcus,

Joe is right, it has been brought to our attention and the developers are looking into it. I'll keep you posted when we push out the fix.

Joe thanks for stepping in and updating a fellow user :) We like to see everyone in the Method Community helping each other, thumbs  up!

• 09-04-2009 3:52 PM In reply to

Thanks, fellow end-user...and Amanda!  Hope my scroll wheel finger holds out. :)

Marcus
  • 09-04-2009 5:12 PM In reply to

Marcus and Joe - to get around the annoyance (and we admit......it is pretty annoying!), can you use IE8 for the next couple days?  Correct me if I'm wrong - I believe it is only a FireFox issue right now.

Paul

• 09-04-2009 5:25 PM In reply to

Paul,

I am not having the same issue in IE8.  Will use that until you notify me of a fix.  Thanks!

Marcus
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)