Method Community

missing tabs and tablinks

Last post 04-08-2013 8:04 AM by Method_Adam. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-04-2013 6:28 PM

missing tabs and tablinks

When I logged into Method this morning all of my tabs had consolidated into a single "More" tab and all tablinks consolidated into "More" tab as well. 

I'm still on my trial and am still messing things up - can you tell me what I've done?

Thanks in advance.

• 03-05-2013 11:23 AM In reply to

Re: missing tabs and tablinks

Answer

Hi,

Are you using Chrome?  What happens when you resize the window, do the tabs return properly?

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-05-2013 8:40 PM In reply to

Yes, I'm using Chrome so I guess this is a known issue. It corrected itself but I didn't know why. I think it happened when I undocked from my docking station and monitor which would probably have resized the window.

Thanks for your help.

• 03-14-2013 8:49 AM In reply to

This is still an issue for me. I'm using Chrome and, when viewing the screen on my laptop the window can be maximized without a problem. But, when docked and viewing with a separate monitor, I have to size the window to almost 1/2 the screen width in order to see all of the tabs instead of just the "More>>" collection of tabs.

• 03-14-2013 11:50 AM In reply to

Just so I understand, if the window is maximized on the screen only the More tab is shown?  And you have to reduce it to half size to get all of the tabs to show?  I use Chrome also and haven't experienced anything like that.  I'm wondering if something is cached in Chrome.  What happens when you open a new tab on the screen and log into Method?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-14-2013 2:06 PM In reply to

I think I understand what you're asking...

If I am in Chrome, whether I have one or have a dozen tabs open, and log into Method, all tabs and tablinks are immediately collected into "More>>".

• 03-14-2013 3:00 PM In reply to

I had a colleague duplicate this, although I am unable to.  He did this by dragging the tab from the laptop screen to the monitor and then played with the sizing.  Depending on where he sized, the Method tabs were collected into a more tab.  You should be able to get them back by adjusting the size of the window.  

I'll put a ticket into the team to look into this.

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-14-2013 3:12 PM In reply to

Well, just to be clear, I'm only using one monitor at a time. The problem occurs when the laptop is docked and the lid is closed and the monitor screen is active. I can change the window size to have the tabs and tablinks reappear, but it'll only fix itself when the Chrome window is 1/2 of maximized.

And, for what it's worth, I used the application a lot for the two weeks up until 3/5 and didn't have this problem at all. It just suddenly became an issue on 3/5.

• 03-14-2013 3:37 PM In reply to

Thanks Jennifer.  I'll add this to the ticket.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-20-2013 10:44 PM In reply to

I have the same problem, this started this week for me, I thought that it was related to the new release but I guess not?  I too am using Chrome, it doesn't matter whether my session is maximized or a smaller section.  The tabs, or links that are contained on the bar below the tabs are now consolidated into drop downs that say "More".  

Very frustrating, any suggestions?

Thanks--

Kimberly

• 03-21-2013 9:32 AM In reply to

Hi Kimberly,

If you resize the browser window the tabs will come back.  Just keep resizing and they'll eventually show.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-03-2013 10:36 AM In reply to

Hi Jennifer,

Can you tell me whether you are using Chrome for a Mac or PC?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-06-2013 7:35 PM In reply to

I'm using Chrome on a PC

• 04-08-2013 8:04 AM In reply to

Thanks!  We've found that certain zoom levels in Chrome is causing this.  I'll update this thread when its fixed.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)