Method Community

Syncing with Quickbooks Online

Last post 03-19-2013 4:53 PM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2013 2:55 PM

Syncing with Quickbooks Online

I am working on the time sheet entry screen, and I added a drop-down field for "Location," as it is reflected as an option to add which location a service is provided in.  However, I am having a tough time getting Method to sync with QB Online to reflect which location a service has been provided in.  This field should already be in there, since it's already in QB Online but I have been trying to fix this problem myself.  So I guess my question is how do I get fields that are put into custom screens to sync into QB online?

• 03-19-2013 3:20 PM In reply to

Re: Syncing with Quickbooks Online

Answer

Hi Ben,

Any custom fields created in Method cannot be synced over into QBO.  You should also note that not all areas of Quickbooks Online are available through the Quickbooks API.  This means that developers cannot access these areas of the Quickbooks Online database to sync and alter.  This goes not just for Method developers, but developers for all applications that integrate with Quickbooks Online.

You can certainly customize Method to use this custom field, but unfortunately it won't be available in QBO.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-19-2013 4:53 PM In reply to

Re: Syncing with Quickbooks Online

Ben,

I looked into this a bit further and noticed that you might be referring to Location tracking.  Location tracking is not available through the API, which means that Method or any other third party application can't access this information from Quickbooks Online.  This is a limitation of the API and we don't have a timetable for when this may be available for developers to integrate with, unfortunately.

I would also like to be clear that a custom field created in Method, even if it matches a field in QBO, will still not sync over.  Again this is due to the API and also goes for custom fields in QBO, as they will not sync over to Method.

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)