Method Community

Quickbooks Enterprise 13 New Release (R6) Conflict with Method

Last post 04-08-2013 8:13 AM by Method_Adam. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2013 5:54 PM

Quickbooks Enterprise 13 New Release (R6) Conflict with Method

I am sure the Method team is already on this - however, should someone need the work around I discovered today (after a couple of days with the Quickbooks Tech Support Team ) here is what I learned.

Problem:  QBE13 (R6) was aborting instantly upon entering the password.  

Workaround:  When you are entering the password in QBE13 R6.  Enter the password - do not hit OK yet.   Press and HOLD the ALT key until the Quickbooks HOME screen appears then release.  This will bypass the conflicting sequence that needs to be addressed in METHOD ( according to Quickbooks)    

Hope this helps.

(all other releases are fine as far as I know)   

• 04-04-2013 8:29 AM In reply to

Re: Quickbooks Enterprise 13 New Release (R6) Conflict with Method

Hi,

We're actually not aware of any issue with QB 13 R6 and Method.  I just installed R6 on my QB13 machine and encountered zero issues.  Which version are you using?  US, Can, U.K.?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-04-2013 8:40 AM In reply to

Hi Adam -

We are using US.   We are in a Multiuser mode environment.   My computer is the one hosting Method (it is not the server ).  The other two workstations and server are fine - but the machine (mine) that hosts Method conflicts witn R6. It does not conflict in R4 (apparently R5 was buggy - so the QB tech has us version down to R4 to test and it worked again).  

We had been working fine until R6.  With the workaround we have not had any abort issues - so far so good.

Dawn

• 04-04-2013 9:01 AM In reply to

Dawn -

I see.  I tested in singe user mode.  I'll test out multi-user mode and see what happens.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-05-2013 8:17 AM In reply to

Hi Dawn,

I tested in multi-user mode and it still works fine.  I'm fairly sure this isn't a Method issue as we haven't had any other user mention this.  Also, Method has zero interaction with the password box in Quickbooks.  This would be a major security hole if third party developers had access to the authentication process in Quickbooks.  This would mean that developers could essentially mess with and change the login process.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-05-2013 1:05 PM In reply to

Hi Adam, I am not sure what to say.  It is out of my realm to explain - it wasn't part of the password per se - it was once you entered the password - and hit o.k. then it aborted.  They said it had to do with the Quickbooks listener perhaps? I can put you in touch with the tech who stated that it was Method.  Call me to discuss if you would like.  Dawn

• 04-05-2013 2:28 PM In reply to

Hi Dawn,

If you wish to persue this further we could set something up.  We haven't had any other users mention this so I'm wondering if it's something specific to your computer.  We haven't changed anything with how Method interacts with the Quickbooks SDK from R4 to R6. So I'm betting the change is something on either the computer or Quickbooks. If you're okay with the workaround, we can leave this for now and address it later if it starts to become a bigger issue.  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-08-2013 5:23 AM In reply to

Update.

Have once again removed QB and Method entirely from my system.   Reinstalled both.    Ran updates on QBE on all computers.   So far so good.   Glad no one else is having the problem!  :D

• 04-08-2013 8:13 AM In reply to

Hi Dawn,

This is good to hear!  Glad everything is back to normal.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)