Method Community

adding attachments to emails

Last post 04-10-2013 5:03 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2013 12:18 PM

• Kori
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-09-2013
    • Posts 2

adding attachments to emails

Hi-Just wondering if you could go through (simply please!) how to add an attachment to an outgoing email...I know you have to customize this and I think that the pop up refers to the fact that the administrator has to do this but I would like the details to supply to him.

Thanks!

Kori

• 04-09-2013 4:44 PM In reply to

Re: adding attachments to emails

Answer

Hi Kori,

You don't necessarily have to be an administrator to customize.  However, your user does need access to the Customize tab, the Screens tablink and the table and screen that you wish to customize.  If you don't have these permissions the admin will have to set this for you. or perform the customization.  As for sending attachments, which type of attachment do you want to send and from which screen?  

For example, sending a pdf of an estimate only requires a couple of changes.  First you'll need to add the generate report action (same action used on the print preview button) and place it before the Send Email action on the Save & Email button.  This will generate the estimate you wish to send and save it an action result.  Then all you need to do is edit the Send Email action and set the attachment as the action result for your report.

If you can tell us a bit more about your end goal here, we can provide solution that might fit your needs.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-10-2013 8:51 AM In reply to

• Kori
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-09-2013
    • Posts 2

Ok-I now have my access and want to specifically add an attachment to an email template through the activities screen so that this will record on my daily activity.

Please let me know the steps that I can take to customize this option for all our method users in this office.

Thanks,

Kori

• 04-10-2013 5:03 PM In reply to

Hi Kori,

Where is this attachment coming from?  Is it a report generated from the report designer or a document in Method?  The above steps are essentially what you probably need.  Is the email being sent when the activity is saved?  How do you mean daily activities?  Is this a report of all your activities for the day?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)