Method Community

Learning Method / Client Setup / Customer Portal / Ask New Question

Last post 09-08-2010 4:11 PM by Method_Valbon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2009 12:14 PM

Learning Method / Client Setup / Customer Portal / Ask New Question

I submitted a test question on the customer portal using my contact info and Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} received the following error message:

"The value 'spdLoggedInThirdPartyAdministratorUserName' was not a valid dropdown list value for 'AssignedToRef'.
    Additional Information
    Action Sequence Order:15

Any assistance would be appreciated

• 09-21-2009 2:44 PM In reply to

Re: Learning Method / Client Setup / Customer Portal / Ask New Question

Was this done using the original Portal or something that you have customized? The message you’re getting is regarding the Administrator User Name. What do you have selected as the User in step one of the Third Party Portal properties?

Under the Third Party Portal tab-link, click edit beside the Portal and make sure there is a valid user in the account who will be administering the portal.

Does this help?

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 08-31-2010 12:43 PM In reply to

I am also getting this error.  The User is identified in the first screen of the Third-Party Portal tab.  I am using the original 'Ask A Question' screen, not a customized one.  Please help.

Tim Grant
    Owner, Business Solutions Providers
    San Francisco
  • 09-01-2010 11:30 AM In reply to

Hey Tim,

I tried this out on my account and had problems with Email, but it was my own fault. Once I configured my email, I had no problems. Since you have confirmed that you are using a default screen, I would say contact your business consultant and they will work with you to resolve this issue.

• 09-05-2010 9:55 PM In reply to

Hi Ryan,

I double-checked the email setup, and it's fine too.  As for contacting my business consultant, I'm it!  I've also had other users (consultants) say they're the same error when they try it.

Tim Grant
    Owner, Business Solutions Providers
    San Francisco
  • 09-08-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Tim,

You and I took a call to look into this and it seems to have resolved itself on your end. No known issues were present and it seems to be working.

Thanks, 

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)