Method Community

Method Time Entries Are 3 Hrs Off In QuickBooks

Last post 04-23-2013 4:39 PM by Method_Adam. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2013 6:45 AM

• KUpham
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-11-2013
    • Posts 7

Method Time Entries Are 3 Hrs Off In QuickBooks

After we enter times and complete jobs in Method Scheduling & Invoicing we like to run a report in Quickbooks to verify our entries.

The times entered on the Method side come in as Pacific Time (3 hours back-we are east coast) in Quickbooks. My computers clock is correct.

Help!

• 04-22-2013 6:20 PM In reply to

Re: Method Time Entries Are 3 Hrs Off In QuickBooks

Are you connected to QuickBooks desktop version, or QuickBooks Online?  If desktop, is your QuickBooks file hosted on a server somewhere outside your office?

I'm wondering if the Pacific time zone is where your QuickBooks data lives - either on Intuit's servers if it's QuickBooks Online, or if your QuickBooks desktop file is on a remote server in the Pacific time zone?

Also, which report are you looking at in QuickBooks to see the time entries?

-Mary Longacre
  • 04-23-2013 7:58 AM In reply to

Hi KUpham,

Sorry for the late reply.  I've been able to recreate this.  I'll see if there's a browser setting or Quickbooks setting that handles this.  If not, I'll put in a ticket with the team.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-23-2013 8:23 AM In reply to

• KUpham
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-11-2013
    • Posts 7

Thanks Adam,

Is there a Method report I can access that will produce a weekly payroll/time report?

We like to give our employees a record of the job sites that they were at for the week showing the hours they worked there.

• 04-23-2013 3:37 PM In reply to

I don't believe there is a stock report that will display weekly time tracking entries.  You can create your own report using the Report Designer and the TimeTracking table.

As for the time entries in QBO, I haven't found any setting anywhere that can alter this so I'll put in a ticket for our team to investigate. 

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-23-2013 4:22 PM In reply to

• KUpham
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-11-2013
    • Posts 7

OK, thank you. I am eager to get an answer on this. I'm currently too busy to spend the time needed to figure out the report designer and try and come up with a solution on my own. Also, what is the best way to learn the ins and outs of the Report Designer.?

• 04-23-2013 4:39 PM In reply to

Sorry, I should have included links to the Webinars on the Report Designer.  The Report Designer webinars are located toward the bottom of the page.  I'd also recommend checking out our blog post: 3 Steps to becoming a Report Guru.  When I hear back from development on the time tracking issue I'll let you know.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)