Method Community

Unable to get New Lead tab to link to the custom screen I've created

Last post 04-26-2013 8:59 AM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2013 12:38 PM

• EricM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2013
    • Posts 1

Unable to get New Lead tab to link to the custom screen I've created

I've tried to link the New Lead tab to a new custom screen I've created, but it keeps going to the standard New Lead screen.  Here's what I did:

1. I added fields to the Customer table.

2. I created a copy of the CRMQBO_NewLead screen, but I did not "replace tab links."

3. I made changes to the new screen I had created, including adding the new fields I had added to the Customer table.  I clicked Publish and then Save & Close.

4. I created a copy of my custom screen, and this time I chose "replace tab links" of CRMQBO_NewLead.

BUT...the "New Link" tab still pointed to the old screen.  So...

5. I went to Customization/Tabs and manually checked the tab link.  It says it should be pointing to my new screen.

So what should I do now?  Why is the New Lead tab not pointing to my custom-made screen, even though the tab link says it should?

Thanks,

Eric

• 04-26-2013 8:59 AM In reply to

Re: Unable to get New Lead tab to link to the custom screen I've created

Answer

Hi Eric,

Your process is correct.  I tested using my account and it worked as it should.  What do you see when you hover over the tablink?  It should list your new screen there, like below:

How are you accessing this screen?  By clicking it directly or through for instance the "New Lead" button on the Leads and Contacts List screen?  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)