Method Community

Editing LeadStatus and LeadRating Values

Last post 04-26-2013 12:34 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2013 4:37 PM

Editing LeadStatus and LeadRating Values

How can I add values to these tables?  Lead Status is currently limited to Open, Qualified, Unqualified  Lead Rating is Cold, Hot, Warm

I would like more/different options

• 04-26-2013 9:43 AM In reply to

Re: Editing LeadStatus and LeadRating Values

Answer

Hi k.leeser,

Unfortunately the LeadStatus table cannot be altered as Method automatically inserts these values when converting the lead to a customer.  The LeadRating can be altered, however you'll need to create a simple screen to edit and add values.  This screen is really simple and just needs to include a grid to see the values, the LeadRating text field for editing or entering a new value, and a button to save the record and refresh the grid.

If you don't mind me asking...why do you want to add additional Lead Statuses?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-26-2013 10:00 AM In reply to

Thanks, Adam

We actually would like to use the LeadStatus and LeadRating fields in slightly different ways than they were intended to allow us to categorize and sort our leads.  The advantage of using these fields is that they already appear on the Existing Lead Contact List Grid which makes them available for searching/sorting without additional grid modification or creation of custom reports.

• 04-26-2013 12:34 PM In reply to

Answer

If you wish to sort and filter Leads, another option would be to utilize our Tags feature.  These tags also appear in the Existing Lead Contact List grid and can actually be transferred over when the Lead becomes a Customer and appear in the Customer List screen as well.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)