Method Community

Report Designer copied from one Method account to another Method account

Last post 05-01-2013 4:53 PM by VLocke. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2013 5:37 PM

Report Designer copied from one Method account to another Method account

I am trying to transfer a report from one Method account to another Method account.  I have opened both Method accounts on the same computer.  Downloaded the Method Report Designer - opened the Method Report Designer from the original Method account, I can see the report I am looking form and can pull it up in the Report Designer screen.  I have saved the report as the same name but in the new Method account.  I can see the new report when I go to pick the default reports to use in the work order print screen.  When I go to print the report I am getting a error message 'Error Action Sequence Order 27 ERROR.  The report is empty.  This is likely a new report that has not been saved in Method Report Designer.  Save and try again.  The NEW Method accounts has been used, I have been working on modifying the screens and the report to look more like the original Method account.  Before I try to print I have checked data from the current input - which is not using the exact same screens as the report was designed to use - because we are now copying the screens over - but i does have a lot of the data fields the report uses.  This is the only thing I can think of that might be a problem.  Any suggestions of where to look?  Or what else to try?  Thank you for your help.

• 05-01-2013 12:31 PM In reply to

Re: Report Designer copied from one Method account to another Method account

Answer

Hi VLocke,

I'm a little confused by this.  Were able to successfully save the old report in the new account?  You should be able to do this by logging into the Report Designer, and opening the report.  Then go to File > Save As and Connect to the new account before you save the report.  That should save it to the new account.

One thing to mention is that you'll run into errors if you try to load the report on a screen that doesn't use the tables and fields the report is based on.  It sounds like you are trying to run the report before the screen is ready. What table is the Generate Report action calling?  Is it different than the table the report template was based on?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-01-2013 1:26 PM In reply to

Re: Report Designer report copied from one Method account to another Method account

Answer

Adam,

The report appears to me to be saved.  I went through the save process you descirpted in the first paragraph.  I can see the report name on the list in the new Method account.  I can pull the report up in the new Method account from the Report Designer.  But the error message is telling me differently.

I am attempting to run the report in the Field Service Tab - under the work order list -it is pulling in information from the Activities table and the item list.  I know those tables are connected to the Field Service work order list screen.  The report sorts and organizes the work orders and brings in custom field information.  I believe both the work order list and the report are generated from the activities screen.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your assistance.

• 05-01-2013 4:05 PM In reply to

Re: Report Designer report copied from one Method account to another Method account

Answer

Yes that sounds correct.  Are there any custom fields that are in the old account that haven't been added to the new account?  This may cause issues if the tables and fields don't match and especially if the field is used in the report.  

If you wish, you could you also email me your Method company account info and turn MethodSupport? so I can take a look.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-01-2013 4:06 PM In reply to

Adam,

I went back into the New Method account and played with the reports some more and now it's working.  I cannot tell what I did different but it is working now.  Thanks.

• 05-01-2013 4:21 PM In reply to

Answer

It's possible that you just needed to resave the report again.  Apparently, even after you "Save As" you may still need to save the report again.  I forgot to mention this in my last post.  Perhaps that's what you did.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-01-2013 4:53 PM In reply to

That makes sense.  Saving it again was probably the piece I did not know.  Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)