Method Community

Missing buttons on edit screen

Last post 07-08-2013 10:36 AM by Method_Samuel. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2013 3:26 PM

Missing buttons on edit screen

So having some weird errors when trying to edit a screen I created. I have the standard buttons method gives me when automatically creating a screen when creating a new table. all of a sudden they stopped showing in my edit window, but are still showing when I view the screen. Its a pain as I need to add action steps to those buttons. I tried restarting browser, logging in and out and all the normal stuff. but cant get them to show.

thanks

• 06-30-2013 1:19 PM In reply to

Re: Missing buttons on edit screen

Hi Ben - Did you try using a different browser?  It's my understanding that Internet Explorer (in Windows) works best for designing screens.

-Mary Longacre
  • 06-30-2013 2:32 PM In reply to

i was using chrome and also tried firefox. I thought we were supposed to stay way clear of IE. Anyhow I get the same issue in IE.

But I found my buttons but this is crazy strange by hiding the section the buttons were on the buttons appeared on my edit screen?!?! Not sure what is going on with that.

• 07-03-2013 9:43 AM In reply to

Answer

Hey Ben,

I was not able to reproduce the issue you were having. The only thing I can think of is that you may have hidden the section in the Screen Editor by clicking Hide/Show, pictured below. 

If that does not help, you may want to try creating a new screen based on that table. You may need to speak with a Consultant if you still can't figure it out as they'll need to investigate the screen to determine what is happening.

Sam

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services

Sam Novak
    Customization Solutions Expert
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-05-2013 1:51 PM In reply to

no thats how I get the buttons to show. When I click hide the buttons appear, when I click show the normal things on that section appear. I ended up redoing the screen, but am finding lots of strange things happening as I create these screens. For example some of my labels won't allow me to edit them after a while, I have to delete and redo them all the time. I am using chrome which I believe is better than IE to edit screens.

• 07-08-2013 10:36 AM In reply to

Hey Ben,

Screen designer works best on IE, however, it will still work on other browsers. You should try clearing the Chrome history/cache as we're aware of some strange behaviour using Chrome at times. In Screen designer you can also right-click anywhere to reload the designer, which sometimes helps as well.

Sam

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services

Sam Novak
    Customization Solutions Expert
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)