Method Community

Deleting Customers

Last post 07-02-2013 2:19 PM by Method_Samuel. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2013 11:41 AM

Deleting Customers

After syncing with Quickbooks I have been doing some editing/removing some of the customers from our database. When I try to delete the customer using the "more actions" tab under the "additional info" tab, I go back to the main customer list and the customer shows up as if I did not delete it. When I click on the "go to" tab on my previously deleted customer I get a message that says, "The record you are trying to load does not exist, or you do not have permission to view it." I talked to someone and they said there was a sync setting that needed to be turned on. I do not know which sync setting it is, and I do not know how to turn it on. Please advise.....Thanks!

-M

• 07-02-2013 12:01 PM In reply to

Re: Deleting Customers

Hey mmiller,

After you delete a customer, you must refresh the grid on the Customers and Contacts screen before you will see the changes. To refresh click on the circular arrow in the bottom right corner of the grid.

Method caches screens to make them quicker to open, but will sometimes require that you refresh grids or tabs to update the content. Let me know if refreshing the grid or tab link doesn't work either.

Sam

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services

Sam Novak
    Customization Solutions Expert
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-02-2013 1:30 PM In reply to

Hey Sam,

The refresh arrow at the bottom did not work. Previously deleted customers are still there....I heard that there is a syncing issue. Is that the case?

-M

• 07-02-2013 2:19 PM In reply to

Answer

Please check to see if the Method Integration Engine is up and running and your Quickbooks file is open. If the sync engine is working, the customer you are deleting may have transactions associated with it.

If customers have previous transactions, QuickBooks will not allow Method to delete them. If you check QuickBook -> Resolve Conflicts there may be a list of conflicts corresponding to the customers you tried to delete. From here you can click Delete From Method which will delete those customers from method but leave the customer and their transactions in QuickBooks. Alternatively, if you want to  you can Refetch from QuickBooks which will keep the customer in Method, and from there you can simply rename the customer something else to keep it out of the way.

Sam

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services

Sam Novak
    Customization Solutions Expert
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)